Chapter 5: Inner Voices.

Sang couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned all night, but she was way far from falling asleep. An uncertainty settled in the pit of her stomach. She wanted to cry out loud and wail in pain to get rid of it, but tears weren't coming to her rescue. The thoughts of her marriage to that insanely handsome bastard appeared in front of her eyes. Elijah coming home drunk, with a woman on her arms. Them kissing in front of her. Having sex in the bed where they were supposed to make love.

Everything was coming to her all at once and making her dizzy. She couldn't take this anymore. She can't have a marriage like that. She didn't want anything, except love. She wasn't a woman who went behind looks, money or status. All she ever prayed for was a loving, caring and sweet husband who would love her no matter what and support her till the end. She wouldn't have minded if he looked like an ogre or a prince charming. But fate had played this weird trick on her. She got the one thing which she never cared for, and she didn't get anything she always wished for.

A bitter laugh escaped her throat. From the hoarse voice she could tell that there were unshed tears in her throat which clogged her from both speaking and crying.

We need to talk and sort this out. Apart from marriage, there must be another way to get out of this mess. I am sure, we can make peace between the two empires without tying the knot.

With this waving determination and a little hope, she picked up the phone and was going to dial Elijah's number. She stopped herself before dialing. She couldn't talk like she had been crying. She cleared her throat. Once. Twice. But her throat was still clogged and hoarse.

She decided to text him.

COMNG TO UR PLACE IN AN HOUR. DNT ENGAGE YOURSELF WID ANYTNG. WE NEED TO TALK.

She got up from her bed and changed into a jeans and a tee shirt. It was already dark, and she had no intentions of letting Elijah have his way this time, so she didn't bother with what she was putting on.

She picked up her bag and rechecked it to make sure she had everything. She slowly slipped out of her room, careful not to make a noise. Unlike others who bought their own place after turning eighteen, Sangavi didn't.

She knew how much her parents adored her. She was their only daughter and she was aware of how much they would miss her, if she left them alone. They never stopped her from doing something of her mind, but that never encouraged her to take decisions against their happiness.

Her single decision of going into fashion and not inheriting the estate was enough for this lifetime. They didn't need another one of Sangavi's wishes or dreams hurting them.

She sighed as that thought crossed her mind. She knew if she told her parents to cancel the wedding they would, but at the same time they would be disappointed as well. But that didn't stop her from going to Elijah's place tonight. She had to talk to him. She can't lead a life where she was the wife, according to the society but would lead a life of no more than a whore.

****

Elijah's smirk widened when Erin's hands closed around her mouth to cover up her gasp of shock.

"Don't you think, you should be covering up something else?" he raised an eyebrow at her, and immediately her hands flew to her eyes and she fell silent. Elijah let out a husky chuckle.

Erin has been sent from the Maids and Services agency, to maintain the penthouse when he wasn't around. He could easily say that his poor maid wasn't expecting him tonight.

"There isn't anything you haven't seen already. So, open your eyes", he said slowly stalking towards her, where she stood slightly shaking.

The tightening of her nipples, her reddened cheek and the way she pressed her thighs together didn't go unnoticed by her employer. Oh, how would they! He always had a look out for those things when it came to young and beautiful women.