Chapter 12: The First Scandal

"We bought you a house, for your Wedding present", James McCoy's voice held the least bit of affection which made everyone around the breakfast table freeze their moments. Sangavi and Elijah glanced sidewardly at each other with their spoons hanging an inch from their mouths.

Eli was the first one to recover the shock, "But Dad, I was going to look for a house myself, I mean, with Ace. We were going to look for a house, after we come back from our honeymoon that is", Eli's voice faltered. Just the thought of staying under the same roof with his sexy wife gave him an organ.

"You don't have to now, it's already done", Sharon added taking a bite of her toast.

"But Mom", Eli was about to complain when Sang cut her off,

"Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. McCoy. It means a lot to us", she said with a smile on her face. Both the parents nodded at her and resumed to the breakfast which was happening in utter silence.

Eli shot her a glare to which she responded with equal fury. Last night after their little gossiping party and the fight which followed, Sang did not let her resolve falter. She was adamant all night that Eli should withdraw all kinds of business deals with a man like Karl Rutherford. She even dared to declare that she'd hate him for the rest of her life for not doing it.

She couldn't stomach the fact that someone as educated and smart as her husband would deal with a man who'd hit his wife. And to top it off, she never thought that Eli would consider such situation as interesting which infuriated her further. "Don't you feel a little pity towards that poor woman?" she asked frowning at her husband who was mercilessly discarding his clothes all over the room and jumping into the bed only in his boxers.

"She isn't a poor woman, okay", he snapped, "She is a bloody millionaire herself, if she wanted out from that marriage then she would've done something. But did she? – No. That means she chose this life. Who the hell am I to interfere", he yelled at her and fell back on the bed,

"God! You are impossible", she groaned in frustration, muttering unintelligible words and walking into the adjacent room where she spent her day getting ready.

He wanted to yell back at her, 'You are being the nagging wife, I never wanted', but held back his tongue because that was not true. He wanted her, not just physically but in a way which frightened him too. The desire to marry her was always there in his mind, which is why he proposed the deal to her father. It was high time he admitted it to himself, that his body, heart and mind desired her.

He groaned at the thoughts his mind projecting an image of his body desiring her. He ought to do something about it, before his erection decided to stay like that for the rest of his life. And the first step of dealing with it is to talk to Ace about their sleeping arrangements. Last time when they discussed about it, the things remained unclear and complicated, which he decided he will uncomplicate it soon. But until then he would have to manage himself with cold showers.

***

Ignoring his presence for the rest of the night was hell lot of difficult because his body warmth was coming off in waves from the next bedroom, which might sound a little ridiculous but was so true. It constantly reminded her all night that thesexy, hot and handsome husband of hers was right beside her room and all she had to do was walk a few steps to have him satisfy her needs.

As if the night of torture wasn't enough, his parents now bought them a house where they'd be expected to live as husband and wife. He groaned inwardly and attacked his breakfast while she just sighed in dismay.

"Take care", Kaya hugged her after the breakfast and not before reminding her of her husband's vile character and warning not to fall for him and get her heart broken. Sang just laughed it off and said that Kaya's concern was completely unnecessary as she would never fall for such a wrecked man.

They both boarded the car wordlessly from the Princeton Manor and towards the airport where they would be leaving for Switzerland for their honeymoon. The entire trip was the courtesy of her mother, who knew that Sang always wanted to go to Swiss for her honeymoon. Little did she know that Sang loved that place because it whispered 'love' from every nook andcorner. But that wasn't the situation now. She didn't marry for love and there was no point in going on a honeymoon to your dream spot with a husband whom you vowed to not touch.

The silence persisted through the one hour drive as Eli typed on his cell phone and Sang flipped a fashion magazine. She was looking through a summer collection photo shoot of the famous model Debonair Price, whom she wanted to get board on her fashion line. But the model was demanding a high price and was constantly unavailable.

She mused over her upcoming events and how she would have to organize them during her absence when suddenly Eli's angry voice snapped her attention. "What do you mean it's all over the news?"

Sangavi sat up. All of her attention was on him. Her heart and mind raced a marathon. Infinite possibilities flashed in front of her which could ruin their name by the media.

"What is it?" her voice tingling with alarm. She never liked the media not even a bit. Ever since she was a kid, she has always been taught that media is know to be the "root of all evil".. Numerous times her family was subjected to its harassments and she had plenty of such experiences with media herself. There were plenty of times where she wanted to kill every single person involved with the media. It gave her so much stress in her life. She felt like it was following her wherever she went and was born to torture her life. It was no different now. Since she was married to one of the eligible bachelors of the town, they would be feasting on them for news and scandals.

"Nothing", Eli brushed it off but his marred brows spoke millions.

"Eli tell me", she said earnestly. Her eyes pleading and her hand gripping his arm tightly, "What happened now?" she asked,

Eli sighed, "They know why we got married", he shook his head with a defeated sigh. "Turn around the car. We are going back into the city", he snapped to the driver and looked away. 

Sang took a quick breath. They know! Oh my god! They know! But what do they know? And how?  

A/N

As promised, this chapter is for you bday girl. I know its not much, but what can I say, its a bonus chapter. So, enjoy!!

Good night folks. 

Read. Vote. Comment And share the story.