Chapter 23: Suspicions and Plans

Sang sat in her chair motionless after Eli left her. Her thoughts were surprisingly not scattered all over, as much as she thought they would be. She was surprisingly calm, almost numb to what was happening.

She was mad at Eli because whatever he did was beyond stupid and immature. Just to hurt her, he slept with another woman which is not only unacceptable but also very disrespectful of him. He betrayed his vows that he made to her while getting married. Even though it was a marriage of convenience, it still mattered to her and she has been a fool to think that it mattered to him as well.

Even now, she still had a soft corner for him in her heart. And to add to her agony, the soft spot had been growing recently and there is nothing that she could do to stop it. she was falling for him and she had to stop herself before she fell too deep. She didn't want to be hurt anymore and Eli will do just that.

Even after everything that he did to her, she could still find a way to forgive him. Of course it wouldn't be easy to either forgive or forget, but her heart told her that eventually she would. No matter how much she tried to tell herself otherwise, she couldn't fool herself. She was slowly, but surely falling for the wrong man – her husband. Even the fact that her feelings would purely be one-sided didn't affect the way her heart beat for him. 

She sighed, shaking her head. She took the tabloid that was lying on the coffee table into her hands. 'The Scandalous Wedding' was printed on it in bold letters, directly above their wedding photos which was both at the bottom and the top. She fingered her scandalous picture nostalgically.

No one questioned her about that picture which was shown on the TV along with Eli's. Even the media was highlighting the 'Scandalous Wedding' and 'Cheating husband' part, rather than her picture. Not even her, forever concerned mother asked for an explanation. She knew that it was because of the fact that they were all aware of her character. They all knew she would never do anything like this. They all had firm belief in her and she was more than grateful for it.

Never did she give any chance to anyone to point a finger at her. And she enjoyed it, in fact. Being perfect was taught to her from the day she opened her eyes and till date she adorned it like believing the bible.

She was never scandalized before, even though she was a huge part of the fashion industry. And that was what made her the epitome of perfect.

But since her marriage to Eli, her name was being splashed on the tabloids like water colors on a piece of paper. It was already the second time and Sang couldn't even imagine how many more she'd had to endure in her coming future.

She glanced back at her picture, and she thought how misleading it looked. The stripper was naked, his tight boxers and her sexy black dress was just worsening the entire situation. She definitely looked compromised.

But what she didn't understand was, who took this picture or more importantly what the hell happened to her that night. She was never that bold enough to have a one night stand. She would never say it out loud but she could admit it to herself that she could never be so daring to talk to a stranger at a bar and hook up with him. It was just not her.

Even when she was heavily intoxicated, she has always avoided any encounters or wild offers from strange men. Then what happened that night? What did she drink, anyway?

That thought got her brain worked up. Numerous questions formed in her brain as she took out her mobile and dialed a number.

"I need to find out what happened at my bachelorette party", she said into the phone. "I need to confirm something".

***

As Eli's car made its way out of the de Silva's mansion, press reporters swarmed around it. Cameras flashed across the tinted car window, trying to catch a glimpse of the McCoy and questions were being thrown his way which he could comprehend as muffled voices.