Chapter 24: Conflicting behaviors

"Don't worry Sang. I have started making the inquiries. We will find out all the answers you wanted", Nimmy assured Sang. It has been more than a day, since Sang asked her assistant to review all the arrangements that were made for her bachelorette party, but unfortunately nothing concrete has come up to indicate who the culprit was.

Sang hummed in reply when her phone buzzed with a message. "Okay Nimmy. I've got a couple of things to do, so I will call you later. Don't stop looking, I need to find out everything about that night", she said sternly and disconnected the call after hearing an 'okay' from her assistant.

I'M SENDING YOU A CAR.

That is what the message read. 5 words, which confused Sang to no end.

Eli is sending her a car, so? What should she do? Clap her hands? Keep the car with her? Or send it back, after clicking a selfie with it?

She wasn't expecting a sorry from her husband, but this non-skeptical, demanding message from him confused her to no end. Especially since the photograph scandal broke out, she was under the impression that he would be too guilt-stricken to talk to her and that is why he hasn't contacted her for the past 24 hours. But this message? This stupid, incomplete message, what did it mean?

Since he left yesterday from de Silva's manor, he hasn't once contacted her or with either of their parents who were still in the de Silva manor itself. They've decided that it would be better if they avoided the media like a plague for some time. And Sang couldn't agree more to that. But little did they knew that media was not the only enemy they were going to face now.

The other socialites who were eagerly waiting for some gossip to feed on, started preying on them. Their hasn't an hour passed without the phone constantly ringing or the butler announcing one or the other 'friends' of de Silva's or McCoy's, who wanted to offer their 'condolences' about the scandal. The truth was they wanted to taunt, criticize and make fun of them, and Sang knew it pretty well.

She wanted to run away. Leave that place and go away, somewhere far and quite. She even contemplated on taking a vacation but the wedding band glittering on her finger stopped her from taking such a step during such situations. For Better, For Worse. That's what she has promised and though her marriage always leaned towards the latter, she would still abide by the vow.

Taking a deep breath, she decided to ignore the tepidness she felt from that message and got ready to leave. She dressed herself in a casual jeans and checkered full sleeve shirt with her hair pulled into a messy bun. She wanted to mingle herself into the crowd so she kept her attire casual.

"Good day Ms. McCoy", the driver bowed her head in greeting as she stepping into the car.

"Where are we going?", she asked the driver, whose name tagged flashed 'Morrison'. "Morrison", she added.

"I am sorry ma'am. I was instructed to bring you to the location without informing you about its whereabouts", he replied uncomfortably making Sang frown.

No employee would deny any kind of information to there employers. It was on of there basic etiquette that are taught to them. But if one of the employers asked them to keep some information from another employer, then that's a test of there loyalties. Who are they more loyal to? - the one who asked them to keep a secret, or the one from whom they are asked to keep a secret?

Sang deducted that Morrison was more loyal to Eli than her. She wasn't surprised though. If they weren't loyal to him by choice then Eli would make them become loyal to him by force. He was capable of doing that.

***

Trees passed and the building started to lessen in number. It was already over an our since they were travelling by car. She was starting to get sleepy in that silent car ride, with the ancient Mozart being the only companion.