Chapter 28 - On the way to Honeymoon

Eli looked up from his mobile, waiting for his best friend to come. They were currently at the airport, waiting to leave for his honeymoon. "Where the hell are you, man?" he muttered under his breath, tapping his feet impatiently on the ground. 

"How long?" Sang asked looking impatient

"Why don't you go into the airport and buy some magazines for yourself?" Eli grinned at her sheepishly, to which she just rolled her eyes and walked away, with the bodyguards trailing behind her. 

He sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair. He dialed for Zach's number for the umpteenth time, but didn't get a reply this time either. 

He was leaving to India along with Sang for his honeymoon. He had a lot going on in his life, with the latest improvements in his relationship with Sang to the scandals breaking open one after the other. Going away for honeymoon, at this point of time did feel like running away, but may be the elders were right. They did need a break from all this. Especially Sang. He knew she was stressed with all the things that were going on in their life. She was trying to be tough but it was all getting to her. 

He couldn't be selfish anymore and not think about his wife. He wanted to make her feel special, beautiful and loved. And who knew better than him, that it was not possible in the midst of this chaotic environment of New York. 

That was the moment he decided to take the break and push the responsibilities of finding out the culprit behind all these happenings to his best friend Zach. He asked it as a favor from him, but now Zach was making a huge deal out of it as Eli asked for his help. 

Suddenly a black sedan drove into the hanger breaking his train of thoughts, and a smirking Zach got down from the car with a cocky smile etched on his face. Eli rolled his eyes at his best friend's cockiness. 

"You waiting for me?" he asked smugly which earned him a punch to his stomach. "Just kidding", he chuckled not effected by his friend's punch.

"Is this cockiness all because I asked for your help?" Eli narrowed his eyes at Zach. 

"No. It's because the fact that you asked for my help so that you can have an uninterrupted honeymoon with your wife", Zach smirked making Eli smirk too. 

"True. I love my wife", Zach choked on his own spit at his best friend's honest declaration. He stared at Eli's 'I am serious' face and started chuckling. 

"Woah! Didn't see that coming!", Zach shook his head and smiled at Eli.

"She's amazing. I couldn't help it", Eli leaned against his own car and crossed his arms against his chest. 

"She sure is something, if she managed to make you fall in love with her", Zach agreed in his own way. 

"Well, getting back on track, I want you to work with Theo, and find out who the fuck is messing with my life", Eli said seriously. Zach immediately sobered up and nodded.

"It's an amateur's work. There are a lot of trails left behind. I will look into it and by the time you return, I will present you his head on a silver platter", Zach said. 

"Don't under estimate this guy", 

"I'd never do the mistake of under estimating my enemy" he said with a smirk. 

"Don't I know it", Eli smirked back. He looked behind Zach where Sang was walking with a bag in her hand. A broad grin replaced his smirk as soon as his eyes met with hers.

"Finally", Sang sighed removing her sun glasses and smirking at Zach. "I thought my dear husband would cancel our honeymoon because he can't stay away from his best friend". Eli wrapped his arm around Sang's waist and pulled her to his side.