three

Old Frights
+
t h r e e ;

When I awoke, a sweater was laid gently across my torso, my head nestled into Harry's chest as it lifted up and down with every breath he took. A gentle smile was on his lips as he just laid there, asleep. His cheeks flushed with the cold air with his eyelashes fanning gently across the tops of his cheeks. He looked beautiful. In every sense of the word. I yawned quietly, cupping my hand over my mouth to dull the whiny noise that emitted from my lungs. I smiled, gently getting up from his lap. His bent knees almost acting like a trap as I tried. But, I succeeded, getting up in only about thirty seconds of struggling to leave him peacefully asleep while trying to stand.

It was getting darker outside. I could faintly tell by the bright patches about twenty yards away, that it was sunset. Also, the temperature was getting colder and I didn't really want to stay in this forest in nightfall. Trust me, I've gotten stuck in here at night before. Fortunately, I had made my own custom map of the forest when I was only 16 and that was the only thing that got me out of that forest. If it weren't for that, I probably would've gotten hypothermia and died that night.

It would probably be only twenty minutes before it get's pitch black outside. We had to leave fast.

My legs were, to my dismay, numb from being asleep for only God knows how many hours, and my only instinct at this moment was fall to the ground and fall back to asleep. My body seemed unwilling to want to respond to any other action that we needed to fulfill. But the sky was getting darker and darker by the minute and we needed to get out.

"Harry," I leaned down, shaking his shoulder until his eyes fluttered open, making my heart lurch at the peaceful look on his face. A smile taking over his face only seconds later.

"Yeah?" He questioned. A yawn emitting from his lungs into the frosty air of the forest. His dimples coming through his cheeks faintly as he looked around. His features telling he knew it was getting colder and darker, too. But yet he didn't move.

"It's getting darker. We have to get out of here. I don't think I have my map," I told him, taking a bundle of his t-shirt in my fist and pulling on it. My body growing more frantic at the second. I could practically see it getting darker before my eyes. Only making my heart rate quicken and my body to grow stiff. "Harry, please."

He looked up at me. The smile previously on his face fading into a concerned look etched into his face. He brought his arm up. His warm hand coming in contact with mine as I frantically looked over my shoulder at the patch of sunlight that was dimming and dimming the more I watched.

"Geo, are you all right?" He asked softly. He hadn't stood yet, only making my heart beat get louder to the point where I could hear it loud and clear in my ears.

"Harry, please. Get up. We have to go," I said. Tugging on his shirt hard as I spoke the last word. Finally getting him to stand.

"Okay, okay. C'mon," he spoke, his voice seemed echoed as we began to walk. He packed everything that was strewn across the forest floor into his bag and throwing it over his shoulder as I did the same with my bag. My breath not seeming to slow as we began to get back to the path.

From the looks of the sky. We only had 3 to 5 minutes until it was pitch black. We had to get out. Now.

I was easily 10 feet in front of Harry as I looked only ahead, trying my best to get out of this forest by the time the forest becomes a big sea of blackness and I would be lost in here until sunset.

"Hey, Geo. Wait up," Harry called out from behind me. Maybe be was farther behind me than I originally thought. His voice only sounded of worry and cautiousness. I heard his footsteps quicken until he was standing next to me. Taking long strides to keep up with my quick steps.