eleven

Neptune
+
e l e v e n ;

Neptune.

Neptune.

Fucking Neptune.

This was unbelievable. My blood ran cold nearly, but a smile took over my face at the same time. I felt fear, but happiness. My entire body felt like one big contradiction within itself and I felt like I could explode. Neptune. The planet? What if maybe there was a city in a different country? Oh, God. Who am I kidding? We're on fucking Neptune.

"Neptune?" Harry asked. His eyes wide with bewilderment as he stared back at the couple before us. Repeating the words to make sure he didn't hear them wrong or something along the sorts. He looked so in wonder. Just like I in this very moment, as well. Where would we even begin?

"Indeed," Barden laughed, his free hand coming forward and gently flattening out the nearly non-existent wrinkles in his silk, black tie. "Have you never...heard of it before?" Barden asked, confusion lacing his voice like a nice, silk sweater. He looked so intelligent and mature just by the looks of him. I couldn't help but wonder his age and the wiseness that was kept so neatly tucked inside his foreign mind.

"You mean the planet, don't you?" I asked, tilting my head in wonder as I asked, mouth nearly falling open as my eyes squinted ever-so slightly. He looked nearly taken aback from my question before composing himself once again and smiling at me and Harry once again.

"Yes, the planet," he nodded, making Harry and I suck in huge breaths in unison, nodding to ourselves in realization that we were indeed on a different planet. I glided my hand over my face, dropping my gaze to the ground beneath me. We were millions and millions miles away from our home planet and it was nearly impossible to grasp on to. It felt like a foggy dream that was impossible to wake up from, because it was reality. I just couldn't believe that the dream I have had since I was a little girl is no longer a dream anymore, it's reality, and that's insane. It is extraordinary. I had no idea how to fathom it. I couldn't put my amazement into words, even if I tried.

"Dear, do you want a glass of water?" Freya asked, her voice silky smooth as I took in the sound of her voice and she took in my freaky appearance as I only nodded, not taking my eyes off the ground as I gripped the arms of the chair I was in with such strength that my hands felt nearly strangled, my knuckles turning a sickly white under the lack of blood flow.

   She nodded, leaving the room, the bottom of her beautiful dress running delicately across the ground, her high-heels clicking against the hardwood flooring. Barden eyed me carefully, I could feel his eyes nearly searing my skin as he concentrated. Harry's hand found mind, only setting it on top of mine gently, knowing that my hand wasn't going to come off the chair to connect my hand with his.

   "How..." I trailed off, my fave scrunching up in confusion. I've read so many facts about Neptune. None of this makes any kind of sense. "How am I not freezing or burning to death? Suffocating? Being shredded by super sonic winds? Any of that stuff? Why isn't any of that happening?" I asked, my eyes finding Barden's as an amused smirk unfurled across his freshly shaved face. A look of defense took place on my face without a second thought, making Barden's expression sober quickly, putting his hands up in defense, assuring me he meant no harm.

"It's all a myth," Barden said, explaining it briefly. I shook my head, leaning back in my chair and pressing two fingers to my right temple, leaning my head to the side in a frustrated move.

"It's all a myth?" I asked, chuckling dryly and shaking my head to rid the wavering thoughts and jumbled sentences trying to desperately to form themselves in my head at the moment. Was I going crazy? If I was crazy, wouldn't that mean that Harry wasn't real? What the hell is even going on?