five

Uncovered
+
f i v e ;

"You really do come every day, huh?" Harry's voice came from behind me as we walked down the road to the entrance of the forest. The forest I had desperately ran through only hours ago to escape the darkness. You would think that I would be scared to go back in, but I feel the exact opposite. I can't wait.

"Every single day since my mother passed, yes," I said, not looking over at him as I spoke. My tone seemed clipped, and even I didn't know why.

"I'm sorry," Harry said quietly from behind me, making my breath catch and my feet to stop dead in their tracks.

"For what?" I asked as I turned my head over my shoulder, looking back at him. His green eyes piercing into my deep brown ones. Both seeming to contrast the forest perfectly. The sun was beating into my eyes like a hammer and I had to turn around soon, but I wanted his answer before anything.

"What you've gone through," Harry stated, shrugging lightly as he shoved his large hands in his pockets. "I've only known you, what? 4 days? And I already know you've been through a hell of a lot shit just in your years," he said. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying. Something so small shouldn't make me cry.

I guess I'm just really sensitive.

"Yeah," is all I could manage to mutter before I turned around and kept walking. Seeming in a daze for the rest of the walk to the entrance to the forest.

Once we were inside, Harry's feet caught up to mine. Strolling along side me and just listening to the morning noises that were scattered around this magnificent forest.

"What do you want most in the world?" Harry asked. His voice was clear as he said the words. I stopped, looking down at my feet as I let out a surpressed laugh. This was a question I had already answered a million times in my mind. I knew the answer like the back of my hand.

"To get out of here," I simply answered. A huge smile on my face as I said the words. I loved this question when it was asked.

"Like, leave town?" Harry asked, making me frown slightly and shake my head. A few whisps of my hair falling into my eyes.

"No," I laughed, looking over at him and meeting his eyes. "To get out of the world," I said quietly, everting my eyes. I could practically feel the confusion radiating off of his tall frame. I continued to walk, hearing a short pause before he did also.

"I didn't think I'd find anymore like me," I heard him mutter. I spun my head around, my eyes slightly wide at his whispered confession. My lips parted to say something, but I couldn't think of any words to say to him.

"What?" I asked, shaking my head to myself. What did he mean? I could barely hear him, but something about the words he had said made my stomach flip.

"You..." he trailed off, looking around at the evergreen trees to try and find the words he was seeking. "You're like me."

His words alone caused my stomach to dance with happiness. "You mean, y-you...want out of the world in the way I do? Is that what you mean?" I stammered. Furrowing my brow in confusion as he stepped a little closer.

"Yeah," he smiled widely. A young laugh coming from his lungs. "Yeah, that's exactly what I mean," he says.

I couldn't tell if he was lying through his teeth right now. If he was just agreeing with me so he could get closer to me with something we had in common.

I hated that idea.

"You're serious? Like, you aren't just saying that are you?" I asked, giving him a coy look as I turned fully towards him so we were facing each other. Just standing on the path.