nine

More Moons
+
n i n e ;

My body felt chilled. My heart was beating so goddamned fast that I wasn't sure how I was still breathing properly. I was scared.

But so unbelievably joyous.

Fourteen orbs had lit up the sky so brightly that it nearly looked like day. Moons. They were moons.

The moons were glorious in the sky. Almost looking like they were barely hovering, not far from here. They were large to my view. I absolutely loved that.

"Harry."

Harry's luminescent eyes met mine, making a small smile shift on to my face from the former shocked-looking one. "Where are we?" He asked, his eyes once again shifting up on to the cityscape blessing our vision. It was beyond beautiful. I don't think there was a word to even describe it.

The sky was tinted dark blue, purple, pink, orange. How many colors were there? I didn't know. All I knew was that they looked magnificent--streamed together with such beauty that it looked like a silk blanket had been draped across the sky. The moons only adding the absolute dream of it all. This couldn't be a dream, it felt too real. The way Harry's hand in mine felt blissful. The butterflies in my stomach from excitement blowing up my stomach. A dream couldn't possibly capture the feelings that are shooting out of my every pour right now.

"I wish I knew," I answered. Squeezing his hand in mine as my eyes racked the cityscape. Tall buildings and short ones. It nearly looked like New York City, on Earth. But this looked so much better. So much more extraordinary.

It was hard to speak right now. My chest felt tight yet relieved. Relieved that wherever we were, I wasn't dying of lack of breath or my eyes being sucked from my skull. Whatever the hell happens in space.

"I..." Harry trailed off. His dimpled smile coming on his face and practically lighting up the space around us. "I can't believe it."

"Me either." I shook my head with a smile on my face. What in the world could this be? Where could it be?

Harry's head suddenly turned, looking around the small space at our feet. We were up on a skyscraper it looked like. We had to get down.

"There." Harry's finger pointed to a latter it looked like. It went right off the side of the platform we were on. Oh, God. My fear of heights is going to have to vanish right now. I looked up at Harry, swallowing hard as I went to the edge, looking down the latter that went down to another platform at least 50 feet down, then so on until we reached the ground. I reached out my hand to the air, signaling Harry to go down first.

"Fear of heights?"

"Precisely."

Harry let out a chuckle, stepping forward and swinging his legs over the side, giving me one last glance before beginning to back down the latter, making my entire body shake with a shiver of fear. God, heights suck.

The latter sounded awfulling rigidity under Harry's climbing. I hated it. The sound of the latter made me want to pull my ear drums out of my head.

"C'Mon, Geo," Harry cooed when I heard his feet hit the platform below me. I hugged my arms to my front, squeezing my eyes shut before I let out a large breath, stepping forward to the latter and swinging my feet down, coming down the latter without looking down. My entire body was buzzing, my fingers nearly not able to clamp on to the rails keeping me from plunging to the ground below.

Harry's warm hands reached up to my waist, helping me down to the platform below. His hands lingered for a few seconds as he stared at my face before shaking his head, almost like he was snapping himself out of a trance, his legs finding the second latter and climbing down quickly. His feet sounding hurried and rushed as they hit the platform below in less than fifteen seconds. I did the same, climbing down quickly, getting to the bottom and going straight down the next before even a look towards Harry. One more.