two

Basket Case
+
t w o ;

My arms wrapped tightly around myself as the frigid wind blew against my body. It was starting to get colder in the year. It never really did that until late November. Never October; like it apparently is this year. I never really liked the cold, so it just gives me more reason to hate the year.

I haven't been able to shake the encounter in the woods from my mind. With Harry. He was nice. Gosh, what am I saying? Nice is such an ugly word when it comes to describing him to his full. He was amazing. I didn't get to meet him fully, but I already knew this.

My feet padded carelessly against the cement road as the tall evergreen trees came into view. The tops of the trees seemed to go on for ages. Or maybe they just did. It was like a sea of green from the skies; I'm sure.

The encounter with the boy happened exactly three days ago. I haven't seen him since. But deep down, I was longing for him to pop up from behind one of the trees and scare the shit out of me again, like he did when I first saw him. I wanted it to happen so badly. But as the last three days past, I realized more and more that it was probably only a one time thing. And just as that realization grew, my longing grew more and more. Only resulting in less sleep and more longing.

I guess the mind wants what it can't have, right?

My feet sunk into the moist soil as I hoisted my bag on to my shoulder more. The leather straps digging into my shoulders. The forest smelt of rain and dirt and I couldn't describe in words how much I loved it. I've loved this smell since I was a toddler, and I didn't plan on letting it change anytime soon.

The forest looked oddly the same today. Like nothing had changed at all. It gave the entire forest an eerie feel to it. But I liked it; as strange as that may sound, it was true.

My heart beat at a steady pace in my chest as I emerged myself deeper and deeper into the trees. My vision filling more and more with the rich green color that left a smile on my face everytime it came into view. Komorebi lit up the forest floor. A bunny coming into view as it hopped under a fallen branch that was perched on two big boulders.

I carelessly sifted my eyes through the many characteristics that held in this forest that I've come to love since I was a small child. The entire forest silent with only a few faint sounds here and there from animals and falling leaves. I was tempted to leave my earphones out this time around. The silence was just so relaxing, it was hard to interrupt it willingly, really. I felt like I never wanted to leave, ever. But I always had to, sadly. I felt like this every time I came to the forest. But I never found what I saught. Never. And, tragically, I don't think I ever will.

"What a pleasant surprise," a voice said from behind me, making me whip around. Only to be met with the eyes that were the color of seaglass that I have been longing for these past three days.

"Hello," I said back, heat rising to my cheeks as I fully turned towards him, smiling sweetly at him. He positioned his hands behind his back, standing up straight with his shoulders back. He looked very strong-willed in this moment. For some odd reason, that's what I caught.

"What are you doing here on this beautiful day, Georgia?" He asked. I cringed at the use of my full name, but ignored it as I watched his lips uplift in a smirk. A smirk that could knock the air from someone's chest from across the room.

"I come here everyday," I informed him, mustering a smile as I stepped forward slightly. "And please, call me Geo," I informed. He nodded, smiling with his pearly white teeth as he stepped forward also.

"My apologies," he said, nodding as he leaned against the wide trunk of a tree. His eyes scanning down my body as he smiled politely. I looked down, tugging on the hem of my plain black tee shirt that I adored. It's a little large on me, but I wear it regardless.