eight

A Change To Everything
+
e i g h t ;

This night felt different. Like all the hairs on my body were standing on end and all of them pointing one way. I felt pulled to one spot, and it felt strange.

"I don't think I've ever been this excited to see the moon," Harry laughed, his hand found its way to mine once again, his warm palm soft against my cold one. I wasn't sure the reason he had taken my hand, but I'd like to think that it was because his footing wasn't solid in this forest yet and he needed an aid to get through.

But maybe I thought that because any other reason would scare me off.

Or him.

"I've created a monster," I said playfully, smiling fully as the moonlight through the trees began to sculpt out the features of his face and mine. Making my face feel a coldness wash over it that I couldn't quite decipher.

"You really have," Harry laughed, giving my cold palm a small squeeze in his own warm one. His eyes glancing over at me every word he spoke. I smiled, the bliss I felt while with him was so amazing, if only it lasted forever.

If only that was possible.

"It's time," Harry sing-singed, taking control and slipping in front of me, pushing the brush away and tugging at my hand to pull me through with him. He was so eager to get to our spot again. It was adorable.

Our spot. I liked that.

"We're here!" Harry practically squealed. His hand squeezing mine and pulling me closer to the point where he was practically holding me against his chest. Though I wouldn't have a problem with it either way.

"I love this," I mumbled, my lips speaking for themselves as Harry pulled me even closer. My back almost pressed against his front.

"Love what?" Harry asked. His mouth was close to my ear, the warm breath making shivers run down my spine. I turned slightly, almost facing him.

"I love this spot, right now," I almost whispered. I didn't have the energy to speak at full volume. Not with his arms warming my body to sleepiness more and more by the second.

Harry paused. "Me too."

And with that, the last cloud cleared out, leaving the moon to be in its full ray of warmth. The moonlight shining down on us with almost a straight, visable stream of light.

Harry and I were at complete peace. Nothing but it. At times like these, only one thing was on my mind.

Getting out of here.

"If only we knew where to go," Harry's voice came out of silence, making my body relax against his. My mind was racing with getting out of the world, but my body was relaxed.

"I wish we did, too," I stated, a sigh leaving my lips as more and more thoughts slipped into my brain, almost a whirlwind of thoughts stirring inside of me.

A shimmering sound made its way into my hearing. Making my brow furrow and my body tense. What the hell is that?

Harry could hear it, too, I could tell. Because his arms tightened around me, his face shifting to a chilling expression in less than only a few seconds of hearing the sound.

"What the hell is that?" Harry whispered to me, his voice almost so quiet that I could barely hear him. But the intensity in it made yet another shiver shoot down my shaky spin. His eyes never left the large iridescent moon. Both our bodies were tense, still as can be as I turned my head to the right.