3.

As next day rolled around, it wasn't quite a day that we all expected.

"Gastrovascular, Peter. Come on." Susan coaxed Peter to guess the word.

"Is it Latin?" Peter asked, throughly bored.

"Is it Latin for worst game invented?" Edmund asked, lying on the floor and playing with a ball.

"For your information it is a part of the anatomy which has both a digestive and a circulatory function." I said, while turning the pages and Susan smiled and Edmund scowled at me.

"Yea okay, Miss. Know-It-All." Edmund said, glaring at me.

"Edmund! Say sorry to Dora." Peter said.

"Why?"

"Because I said so!"

"Sorry Dora." Edmund said, sulking.

"Honestly, if you're so bored, why don't you guys play hide and seek?" I said, looking at them. I just wanted some peace and quiet while reading about the three musketeers. I had found the first edition of the book and wasted no time in diving in, and they all were disturbing me.

"Fine, but you have to play with us as well." Susan said, getting us along with the others.

"Why? Okay fine." I said. "But I'm seeking."

"Okay, I'm glad it wasn't hard like last time to make you agree." Susan said.

"Ya, okay. I'll start counting."

I'm not going to get up and start looking for them. I mean I just realised this, that when they hide, I can just read and if they ask what had I been doing then I can say that I couldn't find them! I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner!

As I started counting, the others ran to hide and as I was nearing to a hundred, Lucy just started shouting. Is this some other game that I didn't know about?

I kept my book on the sofa and rushed to the room where Lucy was saying, "But didn't you wonder where I was?"

"Honestly, Lu, that was what I was supposed to do." I grumbled. I mean come on, I couldn't even read properly in this house!

"Dora. Stop it." Peter said. "I don't think Lucy wants to play the game anymore."

"Well, good for her then!" I said and grumbled.

"Dora. One last warning." Peter said.

"Well, I had been gone for hours!" Lucy said.

"Good for you, Lu. I think one game is enough." Edmund said, me agreeing with him.

"Both of you. Stop making Lucy cry." Susan said, glaring at us.

"Come on, Dora. We'll play something." Edmund said, glaring back.

"Yes, sure!" I said.

For the rest of the day, Edmund and I were away from the three of them. We had our own fun too. Edmund and I were too close in terms of our behaviour. Must come because we're one year apart. He acted like my elder brother even though I was elder than him. Must.be the genes.

By the time dinner rolled around, I was ready to.say sorry to Lucy, Susan and Peter. I pulled Edmund with me and we both apologised.

As we three went to sleep, I was thinking whether whatever Lucy told me was true or not. Narnia was too far-fetched. Made a great fairy tale. Had she read it somewhere? It just couldn't be real. But even though I blatantly ignored what Lucy said, I was wishing that it would be true.

What I hadn't realised was how true it would be.

***************************************

Chapter Goals: 9 votes and 19 views.

HOLA GUYS!

So, sup?

Have you watched the new Halsey video?

If you did, comment #HalseyColors in the comments!

Love you!

XOXO

-A