9.

Pandora's POV

It was late in the night when the Narnians came back from their siege. I was worried for Peter, Caspian and Edmund, I just hoped that they returned safely, with Glenstorm, Reepicheep and Alaghia as well.

As they entered the camp, there were faces of gloom everywhere. Suddenly, Glenstorm appears, with Caspian on him. He seemed fine but he looked crushed. I knew, this siege had not gone well.

"What happened, Peter?" I asked as soon as he was in sight. "Did everything go well, where are the others?"

"Ask Caspian!" Peter said, pushing me. "He's the one who had to muck up the entire thing!"

"Hey!" Caspian shouted, getting off of Glenstorm. "If he hadn't shown his heroics over there, we wouldn't have been massacred!"

"Oh yeah?" Peter jolted back. "You went to save your Professor! If you had just stuck to the plan, it would've been alright!"

"Stop it!" Susan shouted, neither of the boys payed heed.

"I wish I had never blown that horn." Caspian spat out.

"Well, you will never be a king!" Peter shouted and walked off.

I stared at Caspian until he looked at me. Suddenly, I was reminded of someone and I looked at Glenstorm. "Where's Alaghia?"

Caspian looked around and suddenly lost colour.

"Your majesty-" Reepicheep started.

"I'm not a queen nor a princess, Reepicheep. Where's Alaghia?"

"Dora, she couldn't make it." Caspian said, as I looked at him with tears in my face.

"Oh my God." I stuttered with tears falling uncontrollably. Caspian took one step forward and I took a step back. "No, no. I need to-"

I couldn't say anything, I just picked up my dress and ran away.

-----------------------------•●•----------------------------

At the small clearing, I cried. Alaghia was the first person I had connected with in Narnia and she wasn't alive anymore. This was ridiculous! I just wanted to go back and not face any of this anymore. This was just horrible, as horrible as finding out that Peter and the others had gone off to Narnia without telling me!

"Oh Aslan!" I breathed out, trying to get my breathing under control. "You were the savior for Narnia a thousand years ago, please save all of us from Miraz!"

"You have faith in Aslan?" Caspian said, from behind me. "Even though you haven't seen him, known him? Your brother Peter lost faith, why not you?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"Sometimes, you've just got to believe in someone to not loose your sanity. I believe that Aslan will come, one way or the other. You must believe in something then, if not Aslan?" I nudged him, making him chuckle.

"Out of everything you've said, I for one don't think you could ever ever lose your sanity." I laughed.

"But I.. I used to believe in the Old Kings and Queens of Narnia." He muttered. "A good load of shit that was."

"Hey, those are my brothers and sisters right there, you know?" I said, laughing. "But, I really don't think you've lost your belief." I said, getting up and brushing off the dirt from my gown.

"Where are you going?" Caspian asked, standing up.

"We need to save Narnia and that may take all of us." I said, looking up at him. "We need to hurry."

"Yes, ma'am!" He said, clasping my hand in his and walking forward, although I could see the blush on his face.

Our hands felt right.

•○●•○●•○●•○●•○●•○●

Well, obviously that was a long time coming! Anyhoo, I will update a lot more regularly now, I really really hope!

Don't give up on meeeee!!

Thanks,

XOXO

Sam Smith