4

Clare's POV
(3 Days Later)

I liked Derek's apartment. It was just about the right size for him and was close enough to the size of Mama's that I would adjust easily. He had two spare rooms, one of which I had claimed as mine. Spencer had offered to drive me from Illinois to Quantico, but I told him I would be fine, that he should spend more time with his mom.

"Are you nervous?" Derek asked me while setting the bag of Chinese food down on the counter in the kitchen. I didn't want to tell him I was nervous. Then I bit down on the side of my thumb, a nervous habit I did a lot.

"Yeah." I whispered and Derek shook his head.

"Don't be." Derek said to me and I looked up at him. "The teams great, you'll kick butt." He continued and pulled out the food. I smiled as he insisted to me that I would be find. "And besides, maybe you'll find a guy." My breath was caught in my throat. Then I sighed while eating my food.

"Yeah." I whispered. No, I didn't want to meet anyone new, I wanted to meet Spencer. Because Spencer was the only guy that I knew that wasn't a jerk. Maybe that's why I was nervous about moving here, because what if Spencer the guy I thought he was?

"Excited about the job?" He asked me and I shrugged. I didn't want to seem to excited but I was excited. "You are." Derek said before eating more of his egg roll. I smiled with a nod of my head. "I'm proud of you, you know that right?" Derek always told me that he was proud of me, knowing I didn't get a lot of attention before adoption. My parents had dropped me off at an orphanage when I was born.

"Thanks," I whispered. "Your the reason I wanted to do this." I said with a small shrug. Derek then looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. He seemed surprised. Had he not known that he had inspired me to help people? "That's why I decided to help people." I said continuing to speak, rushing on.

"I didn't know that." Derek said and I shrugged. "Why didn't you tell me?" Derek asked me and I shrugged again, I seemed to be doing that a lot lately. Derek was my big brother, he the only one who really understood most of my thinking and even if he didn't then he would use his profiler brain to help him. Usually he could understand a little bit.

"Just never came up," I said to him in a small voice while shuffling my food around. Sure I had eaten some but I never did way much, I wasn't custom to it. "I'll see in the morning." I said closing my container. He looked up at me. Then I placed the container in the fridge. Heading to my new room which still had a few boxes left.

"Works tomorrow!" Derek yelled to me as I walked down the hall. Work, sure I was excited but what if they didn't like me, I know it was weird to think that but I did.

I plugged in my phone charger next to my bed before dialing Spencer's number, we were meeting for lunch tomorrow, assuming either of us had time. I hoped he would, I knew he worked in the FBI, but I wasn't sure which department.

"Hey Clare, what's up?" Spencer said and I shrugged. I couldn't believe that after all this time I hadn't asked him which part of the FBI he worked for. How could I have not thought of that.

"Um- I was wondering if I could ask you something?" I asked which scratching my neck, I could hear him breathing but he did say anything. I knew he was worrying but I just was curious and felt stupid for not as asking, or even thinking to ask.

"Y-yeah of course, yeah." Spencer stammered threw the line and I tuned red at his nervousness. I wasn't sure if it was me or if he was just a nervous person. I bit the inside of my thumb for a moment before asking him.

"What- what department of the FBI do you work for?" I could almost hear relief flooding his system as I asked him a trivial question. Then I heard him let out a small chuckle.

"BAU. It stands for Behavioral Analysis Unit." He said to me and I felt my heart stop. My mouth hung open, Derek worked at the BAU in Quantico, I was working at the BAU in Quantico. "You've never asked that before." Spencer pointing out and I was still frozen, barely hearing him as he spoke. There was no way that the world was so small that my adopted bother worked with the boy that I had met online, that I would be working with the boy I met online. "Clare are you okay?" He asked me and I simply swallowed. I could tell. I was scaring him but I couldn't think straight.

"I- um do you-" I took I took in a deep breath. "Derek Morgan." Was all I could manage and the line went silent. If he knew my brother I was in trouble. Then he knew my brothers, then I was FBI Agent Derek Morgans baby adopted sisters.

"Yeah- he um- Clare he's on- we're on the same team." Spencer seemed confused and so was I. I didn't know of anyone on the team named Spencer. But then I remembered that Derek called everyone by their last names. I knew, Hotch, Rossi and Reid. None I which I knew as Spencer, unless he was new. "How- how do you-"

"He's my brother." I whispered and I began feeling sick. I couldn't believe this. There was no way. I had finally found someone who liked me for me and now I found out he was friend with my brother.

"Oh- Clare Morgan-" He then paused as my full name escaped his lips. "How could I have been so stupid?" Spencer seemed to be talking to himself but I wasn't see if my talking to him anymore was a good idea. I was freaking out, my palms were sweating and I felt like I was going to be sick.

So I hung up on him, and turned off my phone.

/////////
A/N

Well then...... how will work go the next day?

Instagram: @morganallen._ @agent.fangirl

Twitter: @carrotqueen459