14

Clare's POV

"Morgan and Prentiss go see the first victims house, Rossi and I will go check out the second and their when we're done. Reid and Clare go with JJ to the office, set up a geographic profile of even interrogated, talk to families, sheriffs. Help JJ if she needs it." Hotch said, I nodded. Again I would be with Spencer, okay so maybe Hotch thought we worked well together.

"Hey," I said in a small voice looking up to him. We had stopped our game of cards. And I was going to beat him soon to, it was a disappointment. "Geographic profile?" I asked him and he nodded, I kept my eyes on him. I liked it when he was like this, when he bit down on his lip and licked his lips.

I liked when he was concentrated. He was cute and it made me smile. Spencer still had yet to even try to go for coffee. Neither of us said anything about the fact that we knew each other, now it was worse than before. We now understood how each other moved, how we talked, walked, spoke.

"You, um you looking nice Spence." I said with a small nod of my head. Spencer then blinked while looking down at his sweater vest. A purple button down covered by his dark grey sweater vest that wet actually pretty well with his black pants. Today he didn't have a tie on, usually he did. "No tie?" I asked him and he flattened his vest down over his shirt.

"I- I couldn't find one that matched." He stammered, a small tint on his face. I smiled. "I- I like your shirt." Spencer said and I smiled, turning red slightly. We were both blushing and I wished that it wasn't so obvious against my pale skin, like it was on his too.

"What's going on kids?" I jumped as Derek took a seat next to us. Sure I had whispered but I began to wonder of he had heard me? "Reid's the best at geographic profiles." Derek continued, Spencer lifted his head from touching his chest, he was looking at us. A small smile on his lips making him look like a kid.

"Clare's got a lot of far fetched ideas that just might work." Far fetched? I narrowed my eyes and Spencer laughed, he seemed to be joking. "I'm joking Clare." He insisted and I nodded with a hard face. Looking back down at the file.

***

"So he's moving the women," I said while tugging on my lip with my teeth. "It says that there was no sign of sexual assault or a struggle, but she died the night the next family did." I continued and Spencer sip his head to see me, if I had turned my head that fast I would have gotten a kink in my neck.

"Yeah?" Spencer asked with his hands between his knees, a marker spinning around his fingers.

"He would needs to drug them to keep them out that long, but nothing showed up." I said shaking my head and he nodded. Pulling out his phone, I locked my eyes on his hands, one gripped the phone and the other continued to scribble on the board.

"Garcia, he would need to drug him but it would be taken by mouth and wouldn't show up on any test and a list of people who have backgrounds to make them or buy them." He rambled and I could hear her rambling through the line, "Thanks Garcia." Spencer then looked back up at me.

I looked down, away from where Spencer was. He kept his eyes locked on me and my hands wrapped around the case file, I wasn't sure how I felt about how he was looking at me, I liked that he was looking at me, but that also made me shift my weight from one leg to another against the chair.

"Have you talked to Derek?" I asked Spencer and he froze. I hadn't said a damn thing to Derek about Spencer and I. Spencer back was still to me while he worked on the geographic profile. His back was slowly hunched which was off for him because he was very proper most of the time.

"What? Why would I?" He asked me suddenly. My hands began to shake a little bit while I tried to focus on the case and not him. Which was hard because he was all I ever thought about. What things for us could be like? What things for us could be like if he wasn't my brothers best friend? If we didn't work together? If I didn't know Derek at all?

"Because your birthday is coming up," I said with a small laugh, oh he thought that I was talking about Derek. "Oh gosh Spence I'm sorry did you think I was talking about-"

"Yeah I did." He chuckled out and I smiled. "Um no I haven't, I think I might just stay home." Spencer said shrugging, my eyes widened in pure terror. He then looked down before looking back at the board. Rubbing his temples.

"Two things." I said, standing next to him with my body towards him. "One: are you having a headache right now?" I asked him, Spencer nodded sheepishly. I pulled out a small Advil, giving it to him. He gave me a small smile and back to the board. Then he turned back as he noticed I hadn't finished what I had said.

"What's two?" Spencer asked with squinted eyes. I hated a seeing him in pain like this, it pained me. Then I broke into a small, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Your not spending your birthday alone."

////////////
A/N

I actually like the physical attributes of their relationships.....

Instagram: @morganallen._ @agent.fangirl

Twitter: @carrotqueen459