18

Clare's POV

"What are we looking at?" I asked keeping my eyes away from where Spencer was. Before he had a chance to respond to my words we had been pulled in for a conference.

"A homocide/hero complex and we just need to figure out which doctor it is," Derek said to me and I nodded. We had yet to deal with a homocide/hero complex since I started here. But it seemed simple enough, but I knew nothing was that easy here.

"Or a nurse." Spencer said and then looked back down. He seemed a little off know that he finally snapped at Derek for teasing me. I didn't mind but it mattered to Spence.

"Wheels up in 30." Hotch said and I nodded while gathering my file and tablet. My back to everyone as I walked from the room.

***

I kept my head down with my headphones in. I didn't know who I was supposed to talk to. I didn't want to talk to Derek, JJ was talking to Spencer, who I also didn't want to talk to. Hotch and Rossi were discussing the case and Emily was with Derek. So I bit my lip and kept my head down.

I tried looking at the pictures of the people and looked up as I realized that it said that our most resent victim had survived. She seemed to be okay, but was having trouble speaking. Verbalizing her words. But going to see her could be risky considering the man we were looking for was probably working at the hospital.

"One of then survived?" I mumbled and sitting across from Hotch and Rossi. Then they nodded. I looked up and back at Hotch, "Do you think I could talk to her?" I asked him and Hotch almost seemed shocked. Nodding to me.

"Yeah, take Derek with you. Reid go with Rossi to the first victims dump sight, Prentiss and I will go to the second victims dump sight and JJ go meet a few of the officers at the station." Hotch said to us and I nodded. I was okay with the fact that I didn't have to be with Spencer, I didn't want to talk to him about what had happened. But I also didn't want to talk to Derek, he was so focused on the fact that Spencer and I went on a 'date' but it was only coffee.

"Hero/homocide seems very simple profile while looking at it on paper." I said in a small voice as barely saw Spencer head shoot up. He was a few feet away from me but he only looked at me, but responded without speaking directly at me.

"It is fairly simple actually, and usually very accurate. Only 16% of all hero/homocide serial killers stray from the profile majorly." Spencer said with a small nod. I gave him a small smile. I liked when he talked statistics.

"So in other words this is basically textbook." JJ said to me, Spencer gave her an odd look with pressed looks that made him look like a small child. JJ laughed before patting his shoulder. "Sorry Spence." I still didn't know how the fact that she called him Spence too made me feel.

"So Clare," I looked over at Emily, "What made you want to follow the work of your big brother?" She teased and I blinked. It was a subject that no one had yet asked me about. I looked down while bitting my lip.

"I- I wanted to make sure that people that do this, are put away." I said with a shrug of my shoulders. "I wanted to do something good with my life." I said scanning my eye, finally stopping at Spencer who looked at me with a look I couldn't read. I had never said that out loud. "Nothing out of the ordinary." I said with a small laugh and crossed my legs.

"It's not stupid." Derek said to me and I narrowed my eyes. I hated profilers. He gave me a smile and I nodded while looking down. "That's why most people do it." He continued and I nodded but wasn't really listening all that much now. I was paying more attention to the file then to Derek.

"Yeah," I mumbled and heard someone escape Spencer mouth but I didn't register his words as I continued to look down. Truth was I didn't know why I did this, maybe it was because I wanted to help people or maybe I wanted to be like Derek and Spencer or maybe it was based on my environment that I was influenced.

"Clare," It was Spencer with two cups of coffee in his hands, handing one to me, I gave him a smile, he sat next to me. Our backs to the group. "Be- be careful at the hospital." He stammered to me and I gave him a small smile. "You know ran dangerous-"

"Spence." I said throwing my hand out, covering his. My eyes then widened and so did his but I didn't move. Then he turned his hand and clasped it around mine. "I'll be okay," Then I stopped with a small pause. "We'll be okay."

///////////
A/N

Next chapter is gunna be intense

Instagram: @morganallen._ @agent.fangirl

Twitter: @carrotqueen459