1. We'll figure this out.

* 3 years later *

I was sitting at my desk working on a drawing. It was the 1st of March so it was Hailey's birthday. The drawing was of Hailey and Ben at their wedding. I still remember clear as crystal how happy they were and how beautiful Hailey was. I smiled at the thought of my happy best friend.

Suddenly i heard the phone ring.

'' Denis, will you get that please?'' i shouted.

'' Sure.''

I got back to my drawing. I was so focused on the details and what i was working on that i didn't hear a thing so i couldn't tell who called. But they probably wanted to talk with Denis if he didn't hand me the phone. The sun was shining bright so the room was full of light. I took a moment and stopped to look at the drawing that were covering the walls. I worked so hard to be where i am. If it wasn't Denis i don't know if i would be here. He's the one that encouraged me. Of course Hailey and the band were too but Denis was always here.

My thoughts were interrupted when i heard a loud sound through the walls. I immediately runned in the living room seeing Denis holding his fist as it was bleeding.

'' Fuck fuck fuck!'' he shouted.

'' Denis what happened?'' i runned at him worried.

'' Nothing.''

'' I can clearly see it's not nothing.''

'' Can you just help me? I'll tell you.''

'' Okay.''

I got the medical kit we had and started to clean his fist and bandage it. I tried my hardest not to hurt him so i was really careful.

'' Now tell me what happened.'' i said not looking at him.

'' You will not like it.''

I raised an eyebrow.

'' Why?''

'' My mom and dad called.'' he said watching me to see my reaction.

I stopped for a moment and looked up at him.

'' What did they say?''

'' They want me to go back to Ukrain. I told them i can't because here it's all my life and my friends and my love.'' he slightly smiled.

'' What did they say?'' i asked getting a bit tense.

'' That they will not fight with me over this on the phone and that if i want to convince them i'll go talk to them. And then they hang up.''

I continued to bandage him as i remembered what happened a year ago.

-------

* Start of flashback *

I was sitting on the couch watching Criminal Minds with Denis. It was saturday and it was really hot outside so we weren't in the mood for doing anything. Suddenly we heard somebody knock at the door.

''Were we expecting somebody?'' i asked.

'' I don't think so. I'll go see who it is.''

'' Okay.''

I continued to watch the episode until the door opened and i heard what i wasn't expecting.

'' Mom? Dad?'' Denis shouted.

I immediately turned around to see his parents in the door way looking at their son. But their expression wasn't that happy to see him.

'' What are you doing here?'' he asked still in shock.