The Awkward High Five.

Authors Note: Hi[: So thank you for my 109 reads! And my two comments! I love you guys that honestly made my day<33 here's chapter two. I'll be uploading chapters every other day or right the next day if I can. I want to dedicate this to luvvlifeforever922 for the amazing comments. So... Yes. Bye! Thanks<3 Comment&Vote pleasee<3 

Chapter 2 

Awkward High Five.

Nick smiled at Leila. Leila’s heart went warm as he said her name. “Hey, Leila. What happened?” Leila stared into his eyes, his beautiful hazel eyes. His brown, messy hair hung over them, and he flipped it occasionally. Leila shook her head and snapped out of her trance. “Oh, Brittany decided to dump a smoothie on top of my things.” Leila muttered, getting back down to cleaning her books. She placed one of her sticky notebooks on top of her desk. Nick shook his head. “Sorry about that.” 

Yes, there was the fact that Nick was dating Brittany. Leila’s heart broke a little every time she thought about it. “Nah, its okay.” Leila said, even though she knew it wasn’t.  

Nick shook his head again and let out a sigh, kneeling next to Leila to help her with her books. “Its not okay, Leila. I’ll talk to her. You going to the party tonight with Scarlett, right?” Leila’s heart fluttered and threatened to jump right out of her chest. 

“Yup. You?” Leila asked, those being the only words she could utter. She swiped away the remains of the smoothie on her last text book and stood up, tripping on the smoothie that was still on the floor, and stumbling right into Nick, who hadn’t finished standing, so now Leila was lying on top of him, on the floor. Leila’s whole body tingled with warmth. Nick chuckled and placed his hands on her waist. 

“Careful, Lei. And yeah.” She froze, not knowing what to do. She sat up, then got to her feet, her waist still warm were he had gripped her with his hands. He got to his feet and smiled at her. “See you later.” He said, and smiled, ruffling her hair in good bye. Leila sunk into a chair. There was the problem, that since Leila had joined the all-boys baseball team- they only had one for boys- he saw her as a friend, a dude, to be exact. Leila got up and grabbed her sticky books, the bell that signaled the end of recess rang in her ears. She let out a groan and walked to her next class. 

“What are you wearing for tonight?” Scarlett asked Leila. Both of the girls were at Scarlett’s, choosing what to wear. “Uh, a T-Shirt and some jeans. Why?” Leila answered, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Scarlett rolled her eyes. “Wear this!” She squealed, throwing at Leila what seemed like a blue sparkling piece of fabric. She stretched it out, figuring out it was a skirt. It was about seven inches long, and lets not forget the fact, it was a skirt. “What are you, crazy? I’m not wearing whatever this is.” Leila answered, throwing the skirt to a side and slumping down on Scarlett’s bed, which was covered in clothes. 

Scarlett’s room was painted a light purple, violet swirly designs painted in the walls. She had a white, walk-in closet and her bathroom, which was full of perfumes and make up and whatnot. Her king bed was against the wall, and in the other wall there was the window. On a corner there were two bean bags and a plasma TV, then her desk and computer. Scarlett walked out of her closet, clutching a red, tight dress and a black skirt with a tank top, covered in silver sequins.