Head Up High.

***DRUM ROLL PLEASE! *dramatic drum roll.* you guys! i am so so so so so so sorry i've kept you waiting<3 i love you all my darling fourteen fans<3 you make my day. please comment and vote all you want<33333333 love you! 

oh, also, i started going by my first name. guess I learned to love it. 

-xo, lauren.

Chapter Seventeen

Head Up High. 

      Leila could've gone back to skulking. After the little party incident, who wouldn't? But no. Instead? She came back stronger than ever. 

      She narrowed her eyes as she walked into school, everyone still staring at her. She stared at them all, making eye contact with a particular Sophomore who had a terrified look on her face by the time Leila walked past her. She smirked as she reached the area were all the Seniors were. 

      They all stared at her as she strutted down the hallway as if it were a catwalk. She swayed her hips and looked straight forward. Tanya and the airhead twins stared at her and whispered. She turned their way and flipped her black waves of hair backwards. "Take a picture, Tanya. They last longer." 

      "Hey, Leila!" She turned to face Randy, who had called her. She closed her eyes, a pang of pain hitting her whole body. They all looked at her with guilty faces, except Wade. Wade was looking down. She had made up her mind about what she was going to do after the party. 

      Instead of going with the boys as she would've done as every other morning, she kept walking. She felt tears prickle at the corner of her eyes, but she swallowed them back. "Leila?" Brett said, his voice clearly hurt. 

      Her heart literally broke. The guys were her family. She couldn't let them down. But she had too. At least for now, it was the safe way to go. Leila walked on, strutting towards the bathroom. As she walked in, she looked in the mirror. 

      Last night, she had formulated a plan. She'd ditch the boys, be a complete and total bitch to everyone, specially Nick and Brittany, find out why Scarlett was mad at her (she had ignored her texts and inbox's last night) then get back at everyone. Because she knew, they'd give so much to see her fall. 

         She wasn't gonna fall. Not. One. Bit. 

      She barely recognized the person staring back at her. She had used thick eyeliner and so much mascara it hurt to blink, red gloss, a white tank top and a push up bra that made her boobs practically stumble out of her shirt, dark skinny jeans, and black. heels. Heels, for God's sake. 

      Her hair was curly and free on her shoulders, her nails painted a bright red. She smiled, though. The bell rang, but she didn't care. Instead, she walked towards the football field. It was hard to ignore the feeling of guilt at the pit of her stomach, since she had never cut class before. 

      She walked over to the wall where the big emblem of the chearing team was painted. She dug out the spray can of her bag and inhaled the fresh air. Which was soon tainted by the smell of toxic paint. She wrote in clear, big, black handwriting. 

      FUCK YOU, BRIT. 

            -XOXO, Leila.

      She let out a laugh that scared her a little. She shivered, and dropped the can of paint on the floor, walking away. She hid behind the bleachers till the bell rang, reecess started. It was time for Brittany to see it. People started filling up the field, and soon, a crowd gathered along the great big wall. Some people gasped, other murmured. She recognized the guy's heads, all of them except Wade. 

      She felt like crying when they turned to look at each other, their eyes full with pride. She bit her lip as Brittany's shrill voice filled the athmosphere. "What's going on in here?" The crowd parted like the sea did for Moses. Brittany gasped, and a splash was heard, surely from her ever present smoothie. 

      A high pitched scream filled the air. Leila covered her ears, and watched Brittany stomp away. "Where are you, Leila? Come out, come out, wherever you are..." Brittany's singing was high and crepy, but Leila walked out of the bleachers, a new coat of lip gloss on her lips. 

      She narrowed her dark blue eyes at Brittany, who came nose to nose with her. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" Brittany hissed. "Watch that mouth, Brit." Leila said back, staring into Brittany's icy blue depths. 

      Brittany took in a deep breath. "I don't know what your deal is, but I won't break, Leila. I won't. I'm gonna make sure you fall first." Brittany whispered, an accusing finger pointing at her. Leila smirked, and took a step back. 

      "Scared, are you?" Brittany said, pushing her back lightly. Leila, lost her balance in her high heels and fell to the grass. Some people chuckled. Brittany laughed shrilly. Leila spotted the can of paint near her. She reached for it. "No. Not one bit, actually." Leila said, standing up. 

      "Just wait, Leila. Just wait." Brittany said, poison in her every word. Leila drew the can of paint from her back, where it was hidden, and called Brittany's name. Brittany turned around, taking two steps towards her. "Don't invade my personal space again, Bitch." Leila said, pressing the small button on the can, black paint tainting Brittany's hair, face, arms, legs, outfit. Everything. Tainted black. 

      Brittany stood there, shaking her hands in the air frantically, gasping, her eyes shut. Some more people laughed. "Now everyone can see your outside just like your soul is, Brit." Leila whispered in her ear as she walked away, throwing the can of paint in the grass.