Hit Me With Your Best Soap.

***This chapter is named after one of my all time favorites. I absolutely love it. Anyways, back to the chapter. 

Chapter Nineteen 

Hit Me With Your Best Soap 

      "Why are you avoiding me?" Leila said as she stood in front of Scarlett, who just looked at the floor. "I'm not avoiding you." She whispered, and turned away, leaving. 

      She was tired of her Couldn't she be a friend? She had always been, why now all of a sudden she became such a bitch?

      Because you did too, that annoying voice inside Leila's head said softly. Leila sighed as she walked on towards the track field. She had practice today. 

      Leila changed and walked into the field, the sun hitting her warmly. She smiled and avoided Brett, or anyone by that matter. 

      The hour of track went by quickly, and when she went back to the locker room, she took a shower. She reached for the towel she had hung in the hook, but her hand found nothing. She opened the curtain to the shower and covered her body as well as she could. 

      She looked for her bag of clothes, which wasn't sitting near the sink as always. She let out a big breath and a yell of frustration. "Really, Brittany?" She yelled, and walked out of the shower. She looked at the mirror, which was covered in fog from the vapor of the shower. 

      Revenge is a dish best served steamy. 

               -love, Brit<3 

      "So fucking creative." Leila said sarcastically as she thought of what to do. The school would be almost empty, she could walk out. Not naked, of course. Suddenly, an idea popped to mind. She ripped the white shower curtain from its hinges and wrapped the plastic around her body, covering herself as best as she could. 

      She took in a deep breath as she walked out of the bathroom, three big lights blinding her. She opened her eyes, flabbergasted. She covered her face with her hands, and opened her eyes to stare at Tanya and the Twins, the three of them holding cameras. 

      Brittany was standing in the middle of the small group, laughing mischievously. Leila groaned. “Really, Brittany!? So fucking cliche? I would’ve thought better of you.” Leila yelled, but Brittany just laughed. 

      “What can I say? I play it old school.” Brittany said, and walked away. 

      The next day as Leila walked trough the halls, people laughed. She bit her lip and closed her eyes, trying real hard not to stare at the yellow blue and pink flyers plastered around the school. 

      Her face was shocked, the towel covering so much. Leila hated this. She really did. She was planning on how to get back at Brittany, but nothing came to her. 

      Leila sighed as she opened her locker and about fifty flyers flew out. She groaned and walked in class, slumping on her desk. Class went by painfully slowly, and when the bell finally rang, she stood up and three gasps were heard from the back of the class. 

      Leila ignored them, but as she walked down the hall, people stared at her ass. “Way to be classy.” She mumbled. “You should wear thicker pads, Leila!” Someone yelled. Her brow furrowed. 

      It couldn’t be... No. She had had her period a week ago. This was Brittany’s doing. She walked into the bathroom and scoffed, rolling her eyes. She stared at her red-brown stained ass, disgusted. 

      She walked towards her locker and dug out the pair of shorts she kept there for track. She walked into the bathroom and put them on, walking trough the halls calmly. 

      She rolled her eyes at Brittany’s doings. So childish, yet so humiliating. Leila rolled her eyes and kept walking. She had track meeting today, since the competition was in a week. 

      She walked towards the field and met the team there, avoiding Brett’s stares. “Okay, people, the competition is in a week. We have our best runners, Leila Hampshire and Brett Hancock,” The team cheered “But all of us are pretty great, I must admit. Please be extra careful, practice today! Don’t hurt yourselves!” Coach yelled as Leila walked towards the lunch room, starving. 

      She saw Anne in the hallway, staring at the floor. “Anne? Are you okay?” Anne looked up, her eyes wide and brown. Anne shook her head. “Don’t fall for it, Leila.” She whispered, and ran away. This girl was weird. 

      Leila sighed as she walked into the cafeteria and towards the food stand. She heard a noise behind her and turned around, Brittany smiling at her. Leila got furious and walked over. 

            She didn’t count of falling. 

      A searing pain ran trough her ankle, since she had fallen on it. Literally, on top of it. It lay there, at an awkward position. She was soaking wet in some clear liquid. Soap, she smelled. Brittany’s soap. 

      Brittany walked over as Leila but her lip so she didn’t cry. It couldn’t be broken, it couldn’t. Brittany kneeled down and stared at her, pouting. “Aw. Seems like you hurt your ankle. No regional race for you, Lei.” She whispered, and walked away. 

      Leila gasped for air as she tried to move, her ankle bending at an awkward angle. The pain was too much. She felt strong arms wrap around her and carry her bridal style. 

      She looked up into the face of her savior, hazel gray eyes staring back.