Breaking Down.

***Am I really updating just a day after my last update? Oh My God seems like I am! Truth is, school's canceled today so I'm quite bored(: I'm turning my time into a chapter. 

-xo,

Nicole.

Breaking Down.

Chapter 13 

Leila sat on the beach, holding her heels in her hand. She stared at the sea, the waves crashing against the shore. The sand got in between her fingers, the breeze blowing her hair. Nick's taste was still on her lips. 

She knew what she was doing was wrong. Yet she did it. Love made people do stupid things. But did she really love him? She had doubts. About him, about Wade, about what's right and wrong. She shook her head and drew her knees close to her body. "Leila? Are you alright? She turned to see her grandmother standing there, the wind blowing her hair backwards making her look like some kind of model. She shook her head. "I'm fine, grandma." She answered, looking back at the sea. "You know," Leila's grandma said, taking off her heels and sitting down next to her. "Fine is not a feeling." Leila sighed. "I'm confused." She muttered, placing her head in between her knees. 

"Well dear, if its one thing I've learned today," Her grandma said, shifting in the sand. "Is that you've changed. For what of for who I don't know. I do know that whatever you decide will be whatever you want as long as your heart is into it." Her grandma finished and stood up. "Now if you will excuse me, I have to scan the party for eligible bachelors. My age." She said, fluffing her hair. Leila couldn't help but laugh. She sat there, in the sand for a little longer then finally stood up, walking towards the deck. 

She climbed the wooden stairs and put on her heels. Sandy was throwing herself over Carter, while Logan was talking to Miranda and a girl she didn't know. She sat down in a table. It was eleven PM and she was hungry. The guys sat down next to her. "I'm hungry." Leila said, playing with the table cloth. "Me too." Brett said. Wade sighed. "I'll go get something to eat." He muttered and stood up, Leila standing up after him. "I'll go with you." Of course, Johnny whistled after them. Leila rolled her eyes and shot him a death glare.

 They walked inside the restaurant, which was still full, and towards the counter. "Where were you?" Wade asked. "In the beach, thinking." Leila answered. "Your father will come, you know." He answered, looking into her eyes and reaching for her hand. She smiled weakly and sighed. "I know... Its just... I whish he'd just call..." She said, twining her fingers trough Wade's. He smiled at her. "He will." He said, and Leila turned towards him, placing her free hand in his shoulder. He drew her closer, his free hand pulling her waist. She felt a warm feeling go trough her.

She closed her eyes and gasped a little at the sudden contact. "Wade," She said, her voice low. "There are people here." Wade closed his eyes and sighed. "We're not doing anything wrong." He said, his voice husky. Leila thought about it. They weren't they were just hugging. They were best friends. Carter and Logan had seen them like this many times. Besides, there was this little voice inside of her head yelling how much she didn't care. 

And she didn't. 

She held on to Wade as if he were his lifesaver, nuzzling her head in between his neck. He tensed, then relaxed. He leaned down and planted a sweet kiss on her neck, making waves of euphoria rush troughout her whole body. His lips were soft, not rough like Nick's. Leila bit her lip and kissed his neck softly, just once, but it was enough to make a shiver run down his spine. She felt her heart warm up, her whole body rush up with adrenaline. 

She drew apart from him, looking into his eyes. "Wade I-" "Wade!" Brett's voice cut her off. "Where's the food!" Wade closed his eyes and pulled away from Leila. "Excuse me, miss? Could we get some food to the table near the door? Thank you." A lady with a brown messy bun smiled. "Coming right up!" She said, and ran towards the kitchen. 

"Come here." Wade said, taking her hand and dragging her trough the tables. They walked outside, to an empty deck and down its stairs, towards the beach. Leila took of her heels again and left them on the stairs. They sat down near the waves, Leila leaned on Wade's shoulder and he wrapped an arm around her. "I miss my dad." She whispered, her voice getting lost in the wind and the crash of the waves. 

Wade kissed her forehead. "I know, Leila. He'll be back. Just as he always is." Leila felt a stinging feeling at the back of her eyes, she knew what she mean. She breathed in, a ragged breath, which was enough to hint Wade. "Leila," Wade whispered, stroking her hair. "You don't have to play strong. We can break down once in a while." He reminded her. "I can't afford to break down, Wade." Leila whispered back, tears already rolling down her cheeks. "You've got me. I can keep a secret." He whispered back. "Really?" Leila answered, like a little girl. "Well, can you keep two?" She asked, and looked up. "I think I can, yeah." 

At that moment, her lips touched his, and the rollercoaster of feelings was on again.