Chapter 3

Hera's eyes flashed. "You dare challenge the Queen of Olympus?! When Kronos rises, you'll regret making me an enemy! I'll make sure to get the pleasure of torturing you three myself!"

I snarled and reached out to grab her, but she flashed out before I could. "Get back here you bitch! You caused so much unnecessary suffering in my life! I'm going to kill you!" I shout, even though I knew she was long gone.

Artemis ran up and hugged me

Flashback

I lay dying on the ground, Python nothing but dust except a single fang long enough to be a blade. Apollo stood over me, "Just hang in there little brother! I can save you!"

Artemis flashed in and knelt next to me. I grabbed Apollo's arm when he went to heal me, "No. Apollo, I'm fading. If you tried to heal me, you could fade too. I don't want to see that happen to you. This is my fault, if I hadn't attacked you guys, father wouldn't hate me. I just wish she didn't order my death."

Artemis was stunned. "If father didn't tell us to kill you, who did?"

"It was–" I coughed up ichor, my form flickering. I was out of time. "It's nothing. Just remember, I love you guys. I'll wait for you in the Realm of the Faded, but if you show up too soon, I'll kick both of your respective rumps back to the world of the living," I joked.

It took everything in me to say all of that, and a few seconds later...I was gone.