not yet

The music was stopping and groups of people were heading back to their tents. Liam kept his hand strongly on my waist, the first appearance of his control over me. We were crossing the dirt road and I accidentally hit someone with my shoulder and I stopped.

"Sorry," I said and as the girl turned around I noticed Jessica. "Jess?"

"Boston," she said and then looking away from me and up at Liam she shook her head and turned away.

"Jessica!" I yelled after her. I wanted to run after her but for some reason I stayed right next to Liam, and it wasn't just his hand that was keeping me there. Jessica never turned back and I stopped yelling, seeing it as hopeless.

"She doesn't like me," said Liam. I didn't say anything and Liam saw my depression. "A tattoo is not a chain. You can go," and then he left me go and muttered, "I've already made my mark."

"Stop," I said to him as we continued to rant in the middle of the street. The others walked around us and some looked but others kept on their way. This was normal festival attitudes, couples breaking up, fighting. It stopped me, the thought. "Are we considered a couple?"

He quickly looked away from me. 

"Liam, answer me. Do you consider us a couple?"

He refused to look back, making me even more pissed off. 

"Liam!" 

"What?!"

"Answer the fucking question."

"It scares me," he said simply.

"What does?" 

"Loving you. Calling you my girlfriend. I think you deserve better, and when this festival is over, you'll go back to America and find someone else."

"So you think I would just let you tattoo my body and walk away? You must be insane."

"You must be insane to actually let me tattoo you." 

I stopped. He was right. I wasn't thinking, I wasn't making good choices. 

He exhaled, "Please stop trying to outrun me."

"What do you mean?" I quickly looked at him. 

"Stop trying to read my mind and figure out things before I can even make sense of them."

"Figure what out?" 

"How I want to love you," he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me close. "Touch you," his face got closer and soon his voice was a mere whisper. "Kiss you. Fuck you."

Shivers ran up my back as he smiled against the skin below my ear. 

"Fuck," I whispered.

He chuckled. "If we weren't standing in the middle of the road I would take my hand and place further down." His hand moved down and stopped at the bottom of my waist. 

"Oh fuck, don't stop," I muttered as my hand tightened around the fabric lining his bicep. 

"Mm," he hummed. "I wasn't planning on stopping."

I looked up at him and desire filled his eyes. A hungry desire.

~~~~~~~~

Liam stopped and opened a bus door. "The tent is packed with people. This is empty."

I looked away from him and at the stairs of the bus. I stepped ahead of him and entered the cool bus. He closed the door, I heard the automatic locking and then he was behind me. Pulling my hair to one side and placing kisses up and down my shoulder.