to love you

"Hello?" My dad answered the ringing phone and I watched his facial features turn to stone. 

"What?" I mouthed but he held the phone out to me. 

"I'm not sure I should allow it, but I think you need to hear this."

I got up from the kitchen table, "What's going on?"

He shook his head lightly and then handed me the phone. 

"Hello?" I asked.

"Ms. Cameron, this is Judge Turner from the U.S. Courthouse in Los Angeles, California." 

"Yes?" 

"I'm calling because one of my cases, my defendant, Ms. Jessica Anderson, is asking for permission to speak to you on behalf of her confession."

"What? Why? I thought she already pleaded guilty?" 

"She has, but we would like a written or spoken confession and she will only continue if it's to you."

"What would happen if I said no?"

"She will be trialed unfairly and therefore there would be a possibility that she can be placed out on bail."  

I couldn't do that, not after what she's done to me. Sam would no doubt give the bail money, I didn't need her back in my life. "Alright, when?"

"Now," he said. 

~~~~~~~~~

I started Skype on my dad's laptop and dialed the number. Soon I was greeted by an orange jumpsuit Jessica. Her hair was tangled and her face was long and gloomy. 

"Hi, Boston," she spoke first. 

Soon a prison guard stood behind her, I grew intimidated. "Hello, Jessica."

"How's Harry?"

"That's none of your business, you've done enough anyways."

She nodded slowly, "You're right. Boston, I'm sorry about what happened."

Here comes the confession. 

"I don't really know what was going through my head, but when I pointed that gun at you I wasn't thinking. Thank God, Harry was there to push me away."

"You still hit me."

"I know, and I feel terrible."

"Why did you do it?"

She exhaled, "Liam and I, we were inseparable and I loved him so much. I didn't like that he was with other girls, I still wanted him. Then he took you, and my anger just destroyed me. I couldn't let you be with him, I still can't stand the thought of him with you."

"You are so controlling," I was almost in tears. Jessica the girl I trusted in, the girl who became my best friend was hurting me from the inside out. 

"I know, but I don't regret it. You wouldn't listen to me. I told you about Liam and you ignored me."

"Liam is the outcome and substance of you! He is the way he is because of you! You are an incredible bitch who destroys the people around you. Look at yourself! You're in prison, your friends couldn't give two fucks about you and guess what? I love Liam, more than you ever would."

"You little bitch. I swear--," she stood up and was immediately taken away. Her screams filled the laptop speakers. 

"Thank you, Ms. Cameron," Judge Turner appeared on the laptop camera. "That's all we need, we got the confession."

I nodded, "I never want to talk or see her again."

He nodded once, "It will be done."

Then the camera went blank, and I heard steady breathing behind me. 

"You love me?"

I turned around and saw Liam, supporting himself against the wall. 

I stood up, "What are you doing here?"

"Your dad told me to come over just in case they needed to speak to me." 

"It's done," I said. "It's over." 

He came closer to me quickly, and I gasped when he placed his arms around my neck and pulled me close. I wrapped my arms around his waist, he was so tall.

"You love me?" He repeated. 

I inhaled, his shirt smelled like musk and evergreen. "I love you."