Who Is This?

*Hey guys sorry it has taken me a long time to post. A lot of stuff was going on with my computer but I promise I will do better*

"What?!" I was hoping this wasn't real.

"I don't  know," she said sobbing, "I can't find him."

"We are leaving right now to help you."

Then I hung up.

"Guys...Jace is missing." I said.

"What do you mean?" Ethan said.

"Marcy can't find him anywhere. I told him her we would go help her look. Are you going to come?"

"Yea, of course." Ethan said.

Grayson and Emma were in shock.

"Why do terrible things keep happening! First Jace's mom, then Jace and Ethan's fight, then Ethan's coma, then Taylor cheating on me, then Jack's snapchat story, then your mom, and now Jace! It's all too much! Especially for you Ave." Grayson said.

"Wait, do you think Jace's mom has something to do with him disappearing?" Ethan asked.

"Well we don't know for sure that he is missing." I said.

"Then let's go!" Emma said.

We all jumped up quick and ran out the door. We sprinted all the way until we got to the mall. Out of breath, I texted Marcy to see where she was. She texted back saying she was in front of Aeropostale. We all went to find her. When we went up the stairs and over to the store, we saw her pacing back and forth. I ran over and hugged her. I was starting to cry and I felt her body shivering as she was crying too.  I pulled away from the hug and looked at her.

"Are you sure you looked everywhere?" I asked.

"Yea. I-I think so."

"Well have you tried calling him?" Emma asked as she walked over.

"Multiple t-times. But it kept going to v-voicemail."

"Ok well let's split up and go see if we can find him." I said.

"Can I go with you Avery? I want to talk to you about something." Grayson asked.

"Yea, sure." I replied.

"Alright I'll go with Marcy." Emma said.

"Ok guess that means I'm going alone." Ethan sighed.

No, you are not going alone. We can't risk losing another person. Go with the girls." I snapped.

"Ok. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said back.

Then we split up and went to look. I tried calling him but it went straight to voicemail. I kept trying but kept getting his voicemail.

"Are you ready to look in a few stores?" I asked Gray.

"Yea."

"And what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh. Nothing. I just wanted to hang out with you but thought that Ethan might bet a bit suspicious."

"Really?" I laughed, "you don't think he you have understood?"

"You know Ethan. He cares about you more than anything. He's basically like your personal watch dog."

"Yea I know he cares about me a lot butI fell like your are more protective of me that him."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No haha it's cute."

He smiled.

"He's just really confident that you are his and you will always be."

"Well then I guess he's right."

"And the only reason that I am so protective of you is because I miss Cameron and so you are basically like my sister now and I don't want to lose you."

"You will never lose me Gray. I will always be here when you need me."

"Thanks Ave."

"Let's go in this store." I said.

"Alright."

We spent the nest forty-five minutes going in the every store, screaming his name, and asking anyone if they had seen him. We had not been very successful in finding him. I texted Ethan to see if they had but he said no. Then I started to cry.

"Grayson." I whimpered.

"What's wrong?" He said looking at me concerned.

"Can we just sit for a bit?"

"Yea of course."

We walked over to a bench in the mall and sat down. I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me, holding my shoulder. Then he placed his lips on my head and we just sat there for a while.

"Avery I hate seeing you like this." Grayson said as he turned his head around so that his cheek was on my head.

"Well you were right earlier, so much has happened and it's all so stressful. What if we don't find him before school starts? Then we will be so busy with school that we will never find him." I cried. 

"I promise we will find him. And even if we don't find him before next week, E and I don't have school so we can look for him."

"Thanks."

Then I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out hoping it was Jace telling us he was ok or Ethan, Marcy, and Emma saying they found him. but instead it was an unknown number. 

Unknown: I have your friend

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: If you know whats good for you, you won't look for him. This is a warning.

Me: Ok? Well what if I try?

Unknown: I already killed your friend don't think I won't kill you too.

Me: Taylor?!?!

Me: WHO IS THIS

Unknown: I think you already know Ve.

I gasped.

"Jace's mom. Holy shit."

She was the only person who ever called me Ve.

"What?" Grayson said looking at me.

"What?" I said looking up at him. 

"I thought you said something."

"Oh. I don't know. Look at these texts." I said giving him my phone.

He looked at them and then looked up at me confused.

"I'm really scared Gray." I said.

"Don't worry we don't even know who it is." He said back.

"I do."

"What? How? Who is it?"

"It has to be Jace's mom. She was the only person who ever called me Ve. Now she has killed Taylor and she has Jace. I'm scared I might be next."