Mistake

*Back in Avery's POV* 

"Gray what is going on? Is he dead?" I was freaking out.

He can't be gone. No, I won't believe it.  

Grayson was just staring out in space.  He was probably as shocked as I was, but probably more terrified.  They were always there for each other and they were best friends. At times each other's only friend. He probably wouldn't know what to do with out him. I am not saying that I will move on if he does die, it would definitely take some time. 

"Avery are you ok?" Jace asked.

"Yea I'm TOTALLY fine." I said sarcastically.

"He'll be ok I am sure of it." 

"Thank you."

Although I kept telling Jace that the only reason I wasn't with him was because of me already having a boyfriend, that was not really how I felt.  I know in most love stories a boy and a girl start off best friends and then end up dating,  but I find that really cheesy.  I love him but he's my best friend nothing more. Then the doctors came back out.

"Is he ok?" Grayson asked sounding like he was on the verge of crying.

"I am so sorry, it was a mistake and everything is ok."

Grayson squeezed the nurse into a hug and she looked uncomfortable.

"Thank you." He said.

She giggled.

"No problem. Sorry to scare you so bad."

"It's ok at least he is alive. That is all that matters." I said.

When she left Grayson came over and hugged me.  Then he let go and went back into the room.

"I have to head back home. I'm sorry, I'll catch you later?" Jace said.

"Yea thanks for coming."

"No problem."

We hugged and he kissed me on the forehead and then left.  I walked back into the room. Grayson was sitting on the couch. I went over and sat next to him.  I put my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on me and put his arm around me.

"Well that was really scary." I said breaking the silence.

"Yea." 

He sounded tired so I let him fall asleep. Eventually I fell asleep too. In my dream, I was falling into an endless pit of blackness.  I have this same dream so many times.