Chapter 6: Dating Attempt

(Aleks' POV)

As I shut the door behind me, I could feel my face cool down a bit.

I was so into the kiss. It felt amazing. It felt... Weird.

That was my first real... "kiss"... Not including the accidental one me and Eddie had... This was real.

I mean... I wasn't the only one enjoying it, right? He looked pretty into it himself. He held my head and everything... but it felt so awkward afterward.

I opened the front door and closed it quietly, trying to avoid my mom. I took off my shoes quickly and scurried upstairs.

As I finished putting on my clothes for school, I grabbed my comb and looked in the mirror.

I didn't look even a bit attractive. I looked weird really. 

I moved my hair around in different styles. I put my bangs to the right, to the left, even combed them backward. I ended up just putting a beanie on.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I closed the door, locking it after and suddenly I see Eddie walk out of his house. He immediatley looked at me and I blushed, but turned away to the door to pretend I didn't see, when it was obvious we made eye contact.

As I finished locking the door, I turned around and started fast walking toward the school, which coincedentically is past Eddie's house. So I had to walk past his house and that's when he caught up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Aleks, lets just act like nothing happened. It wasn't a big deal..." Eddie told me.

"I guess... But it's going to be a little awkward..." I replied to him.

"I know... But I don't want this small thing to ruin our friendship which just started."

"Me neither..." We looked at eachother slighly, and Eddie started giggling with his bright happy smile.

I smiled back at him and he just stopped. Stopped laughing, stopped smiling and just stared at me.After a while he smiled back a calm and soothing smile.

"Your smile is so delicate and cute." He said to me.

I couldn't hear that without blushing and looking away. I tried to avoid the awkwardness by continuing walking to school. I looked at the time on my phone.. 10: 30. School already started an hour ago.

"Dude, I think we overslept. It's already 10:30." I warned him.

"Lets just skip school today Aleks! There's no point in going there late! You'll cause too much attention to you and myself." He told me.

"We're making more attention by both of us being absent... The people who sit next to eachother...Have lockers next to eachother.. And people saying I am your next victim. What are people going to think of us and what are they going to think that we did?" I questioned him.

"They're just going to think we had sex." I automatically blushed. "I mean... It's not a big deal anyways. They thought I was going to have sex with you." He said with a straight face.

"I don't want to be Eddie's first sex partner of the year."

"C'mon. It's not that bad... Nobody is going to make fun of you because they've all been through it before, Aleks."

"No, is no!" I yelled at him without noticing. He looked a little suprised, and I was suprised myself.

"Well, okay..." He said quietly. I felt kind of bad.

"Fine. We're skipping school... But it any rumours go around, you're fixing them!" I demanded.

"YAY! Aleks we should go to the beach. No the park! Nah.. The beach is better."