Chapter 14: Christmas Cries - PART TWO

(Aleks' POV)

This week has passed quickly, and to my suprise, christmas eve is in only two days.

Eh.

I continued staring at the blank T.V while Eddie was baking cookies for the party.

Oh yeah. The party.

So Eddie's friend James has generously invited us to his christmas party on christmas eve. I don't want to go and want to spend this christmas with Eddie, but you know.. Eddie accepted the offer so we kind of HAVE to go.

We're apparently doing multiple events like secret santa. We picked our names already out of a hat and to my luck, I got Eddie. I have no idea what I'm going to get though.

I stood up and rushed upstairs, making sure Eddie was occupied.

I've got a great idea.

I walked into me and Eddie's Bedroom and pulled out my phone from my back pocket.

I dialed James' girlfriend's number, Victoria (A CHARACTER I MADE UP) and waited for an answer. It took about 4 rings until she answered.

"What's up Alem?" I hear her said.

"Aleks." I corrected.

"OH SORRY!" She quickly said. "What'cha need?"

"I need help finding Eddie a christmas present." I boldly said.

"NO PROBLEMOOO! Lets go tomorrow.. if you're not busy..?"

"Sure. Got no plans with Eddie since he has work tomorrow." 

"Work? He got a job?" She questioned.

"Yeah. At some theatre. Don't remember what it's exactly called, but he's trying to pay his share of rent, which I am doing perfectly fine at."

"What a tough guy. Working hard to pay for your newly wed home."

"We're not married, and this isn't even our house."  I blushed.

"Oh you know what I mean Alem!" 

"Aleks." I corrected once again.

"OH SHUT UP!" She shouted, " Well, tomorrow.. at I guess 2pm? In front of Wally's?"

"Sure, see you then."

"Bye~"

"Bye."

I hung up easily to hear the shout of my name called by an angelic voice.

"Aleks! The cookies are ready! I'm going to put them in the bag!"

OH GOD NO.

"NO! LET ME DO IT!" I ran downstairs as fast as I could.

You see, Eddie makes everything look.. Not ugly... But not... pretty. One time he drew this beautiful portrait of a boquet of flowers, and I suggested to put them in a frame. The next day I found out that Eddie attempted put the picture in a frame and ended up spilling paint on the drawing. He also accidentally ripped the picture in half and broke the glass on the frame.

Well you know what they say; The small imperfections make it perfect.

I put the nicely baked cookies in a fancy box and layed silk on the bottom of the box. I then covered it and wrapped the sides with christmas wrapping paper, carefullly not trying to wrap the top cover. I finally put a red bow on the top and stared at it with admiration. This is most likely prettier than how Eddie was going to set it up.

"Cute." Eddie said.

"I know right." I proudly said.

"It's not good to self praise." 

Huh? OH.

"Shut up." I blushed with my voice cracking at the end.

(Eddie's POV)

"Shut up."

Erm..

UGH.

Recently.. I've been getting..unamused of Aleks. Kind of bored with him.. I keep calling him these cute complients and try to fall for him again.. But.. It's just not working. 

I feel bad. Really bad, but I don't really want him anymore. 

I've been doubting our relationship lately and that's probably why I've become unamused. 

I don't know.

I'm sure I'll get myself together by Christmas though. I won't break his heart. I know I love him, but I'm not quite sure if I'm IN love with him.

"Adorable. " I heard him say.

I blushed a bit and wasn't sure what he was talking about and then he turned around to face me, but looking to the floor, shuffling his feet awkwardly.

"That's what you are.." He murmured.

Yeah, I'm sure I love him.

I smirked, still trying to get the fact that I don't love him out of my head, but it firmly stayed there, spreading throughout my whole mind.

I hugged Aleks tightly.

"E-Eddie? Are you okay?" I heard Aleks ask.

"Mhm.. I know that Mr. Bunny wants a hug though." That's partly a lie. I'm pretty sure Aleks wants a hug too.. But Mr. Teddy also wants one.

Eddie pull yourself together.

(Aleks' POV)

So the rest of the day went pretty normal, but that hug seemed kind of sudden and weird.

Eddie hasn't been acting himself recently and seems to be spaced out most of the time, buried in his own thoughts.

Well, it's him I guess. I shouldn't butt in.

I should be more worried about the party later on and about what I'm going to get for Eddie. 

What should I get him though? A snowglobe? No.. Too common. I want something original which he could notice was from me.

I don't know. I'll figure out tomorrow I guess.

Christmas shopping, here we come.