Chapter 9: The Pain that Can't Go Away

(Eddie's POV)

Aleks has been in depression for about a week already. He hasn't gone to school and never left his room.

He unpacked, and just stayed there. I was forced by Aleks and my mother to go to school instead of comforting him... It made me feel so bad.

I roughly messed up my hair in frustration.

I opened the door and left for school.

Aleks don't cry when I am gone.

~~ AFTER SCHOOL ~~

I pretty much ran home in a rush to see Aleks.

He seemed suicidal at this point, and i always felt nervous about leaving him alone.

I already took all sharp objects and items that seemed possible to harm Aleks in a serious way, and I hope he didn't try anything today.

Last week... He did something...

FLASHBACK

i walked down the gravel path from school and opened the door to my home.

I set down my backpack and took out my history book.

"Time to study for the test!" I cheered to myself.

I assumed Aleks was sleeping because he is always sleeping when I come home.

I thought wrong.

After 30 minutes of studying, I heard a faint sound of a cry.

I thought nothing of it, thinking it was just from outside, but my suspicion got the best of me.

I silently walked upstairs and put my ear to Aleks' door. I heard quiet sobs.

I opened the door.

"Aleks?"

The sight suprised me and also tore me apart.

He ripped off his guitar string and cut himself multiple times with it.  His blood was dripping to the floor and stained the bed sheets. He was crying what it seemed like tears of joy...

Why?

I loved this body, and he cut it. I felt harmed in the process too.

I snatched the guitar string from his hand and threw it across the room. I took off my shirt and wrapped it around his arm.

"Eddie, what are you doing?"

"Stop Aleks."

He looked suprised at my comment. I grabbed his other hand and made him grip his arm, applying pressure.

I walked into the restroom and grabbed some cream so he didn't get an infection.

I saw him licking the blood from his hand.

"Aleks..."

I started gently rubbing the cream on his arm and he screeched a quiet scream of pain from the stinging.

FLASHBACK OVER

I can not get that out of my mind.. it was the most horrific and terrifying expierience of my life.

Aleks, I hope your pain goes away soon.

~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. . n .

I have been really busy lately and not been able to upload, I'm sorry. D:

Hope  you liked the chapter though.

Bye~ <3