Chapter 12: Pretending is hard

A/N: Sorry that I haven't been posting recently! I think I am going to post on the weekends, and like I said before in my previous chapters, when I have free time. 

School has gotten the best of me and I'm always working. Dx 

Vote, Comment and of course, FOLLOW~ <3

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Aleks' POV)

I woke up from my empty dream to feel warmth around me. 

I opened my eyes and immediatley saw Eddie's face. His eyes were shut and a small beam of sunlight shone on his face, giving his face a sparkle. 

He was beautiful. I just stared at him for a good twenty minutes, admiring his features. I couldn't resist but place my lips on his.

I noticed how my lips fit perfectly with his. All of a sudden, I felt the soft, delicate lips moving with mine, creating a real kiss between us. 

He was awake. 

Out of no where, while my lips were still placed on his, he licked my bottom lip.

I moved back a bit, out of embarrasment. I looked at him to see his calm beautiuful eyes squinted and he had a grin on his face.

Even though I could see only a slit of his eyes, I fell in a trance and got deepened in his eyes. 

He placed his hand on my cheek.

"Morning." He smiled.

"Morning.." I repeated.

I suddenly got hit by the memories of yesterday.They disgust me.

I squeezed my eyes tightly, trying to forget what happened.

All of the memories hit me at once, giving me a headache.

I squeezed my bridge of my face in pain.

"Headache?" Eddie asked.

"You know me from the back of your hand." I giggle, fingers still squeezed on my face.

"I'll get some pills." Eddie said getting up.

I heard footsteps on the cold, hard wooden floor and a creak of a door.

I suddenly felt cold and lonely. Without Eddie, I'm nothing. Without Eddie, my soul is empty. Without Eddie, my life is pointless. Without Eddie, my life is nothing.

Without Eddie, these IS no life.

I hit my forehead in frustration by the pain in my head. I must've cried too much last night.

I heard faint footsteps getting louder until I hear another creak by the door, a higher pitch than the last, giving more pain in my head.

I open my eyes to see Eddie holding a pill in his hand with a glass of water.

I sit up, laying my head on the back of the hard bed frame.

I grabbed the glass of water and gently snatched the pill from Eddie's palm.

After gulping down the solid pill, mhy headache started going away slowly.

Then a question filled my head. I'm not sure why this question because I was sure of the answer.

"Is the engagement still  on?"  I ask suddenly, slightly suprising Eddie.

"No." He answers, looking into my eyes.

"I see..." I said quietly, barely loud enough so Eddie could  hear.

A few second of silence passed by. Not awkward silence, just silence.

"Why.." He started, "Why don't we pretend nothing happened?"

I wanted to pretend like nothing happened. Pretend Lilly didn't violate me. Pretend Claire didn't exist. Pretend that there was nothing for us to worry about.

"That's going to be a little hard..." I answered.

He looked dissapointed in my answer, facing the truth.

"I guess you're right." He said, looking down and fiddling around with my hand.

I looked at him. He looked like a sad puppy. I couldn't resist but kiss him once again.

We did a small peck on the lips, smiling after.

"I love you Aleks." He said, looking at me.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the REALLY short chapter, but I really am busy nowadays! I'll try to post more frequently!