Chapter 1: The Helper

(Aleks POV)

I looked up into the sky. It's a beautfiul, sunny day. It's perfect weather for my first day of highschool.

My name is Aleks Vitaly. I was homeschooled since 6th grade and now I am finally going to get back to private school for my highschool years. I can't wait to finally see people my age instead of staying with my parents all day.

The school I am going to is called Aluhma high. They also have an elementary school which I attended when I was little, but I had to leave all my friends. I know that most of them probably won't be at Aluhma high because I remember most of them telling me that they were going to move.

I grabbed a slice of bread and started heading out the door.

"Have a nice first day at school!" I heard my mom yell to me and I was exiting the front door.

"Yeah! See you later!" I replied, closing and locking the door from the outside.

I started following the gravel path that led me to the school. I made that path with my best friend when I was little. I forgot his name, but we were best buddies. 

As I arrived at the school, students were walking inside the school talking; it almost hurt my ears.

I entered the front office and saw a middle-aged woman with brown hair that was wearing a suit. She was definitley wearing too much make up.

"Ah, hello?" I tried to get her attention.

"Yes? How may I help you? Shouldn't you be in class? Are you a new student? Do you need someone to escort you?"

She talked too much.

"Ehm... I am a new student. Aleks is the name."

"Okay, okay. I need your full name. Do you need help? Do you want an escortation? Hmm? HMM?"

Seriously?

"Uh.. Aleks Vitaly, and if you could have someone to help me, that would be great."

"Yes! YES!!" She grabbed the phone and dialed a number. "Could you bring one of your students down?"

She acted calm and collected... She seemed like a different person.

"Thank you." She put down the phone. "A student is coming so do not worry.... DO NOT WORRY. DO NOT WORRY! IT'LL BE OKAY! IT'S OKAY!!!"

I jumped a bit from her loud screaming, but just then, a student walked into the room, but immediatley turned so that I didn't see his face features. He was wearing a purple beanie, a plain black shirt and navy blue pants with green sneakers. I was pretty sure he had black hair despite the blocking beanie that covered it.

"Yes Ms. Horroway?" His voice was deep and raspy, sexy even.

"I want you to help this new student around. I still can't believe he entered the school in the middle of the semester." She was calm and collected again. Pretty hilarious.

"Sure. I didn't think there were going to be any new students anytime soon since this school is in the middle of no where." He giggled. His laugh was rather small, but it was so bright and lively and told many things about his self. 

He turned around and I finally saw his face. It was unbelieveable. He had black hair like I imagined, brown sparkling eyes covered by black glasses. He also had a light beard. His eyes were wonderful. They were like brand new bark from a tree that was just grown, other than my shit colored eyes. He was beautiful.

"Hi there. My name is Eddie." He giggled once again and held out his hand.

"Oh uh." I was still in the middle of admiring his features so I was quite flustered from his fast movements. I couldn't keep up. "I am Aleks. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand while smiling, and he set out a sweet calm, welcoming smile. I felt my face turn hot for a second. I hope I wasn't blushing.

We let go of hands and we started walking into school.

"What are your periods?" He asked.

"Uh..." I looked through some papers. "First period: Science. Second period: Art. Third Period: Math. Fourth Period: History. Fifth period: Language arts. Sixth period: Physical Education."

He looked somewhat suprised.

"Well... That's the same schedule for me..." He said, blushing.

I felt heat on my face once again. I'm glad that we have the same periods because now I will have some help throughtout the classes...

"What a coincidence." I said, trying to break the short silence between us.

"Yep."

I followed him into a classroom, and the teacher pulled me aside.

"This is our new student Aleks! Say hello!" The class echoed "Hello" after him.

I wasn't sure what to say.

"Oh. Hello there. My name is Aleks Vitaly and I hope we could all get along." I blushed.

I heard a portion of the class girls "Awe" at me, which made me blush harder.

"You're going to sit next to Eddie over there. Eddie raise your hand."

I saw Eddie raise his hand and put a small smirk on his face. I heard many of the girls squeal and whispers saying, "Good luck" and "Lucky you" as I walked to my new desk for the year.

Throughout the class I was blushing the entire time because Eddie was staring at me the whole time. When the teacher asked him a question, all eyes were on me because he answered the questions STILL looking at me. i felt so embarressed. 

By the end of the class, Eddie grabbed my hand.

"Next class!" He smiled.

All the girls gasped and most of the girls squealed. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Restroom." I said kind of quiet.

"Oh sure. I'll wait for you by the door. You better hurry!"

I fast walked into the restroom, and once I shut the door behind me, I felt a sign of relief.

"Seems like Eddie has found his new victim." I heard a boy say.

"I hope that Aleks guy knows what's going to happen to him." I heard another boy said.

"What do you guys mean?" I said, startling them. I knew that I startled them because they jumped once they noticed it was me talking and started whispering to eachother.

"Do you really don't know?" The boy asked.

"No...? Tell me." I replied.

"Well, your friend Eddie is gay, but all the girls love him. He says he's gay, but he only picks one guy each year. Once those guys break up, he never dates a boy until the next year, but he dates the girls until then. He says he's praticing for his real lover which left him. I don't know. Us boys just think he's crazy in the head."

I blushed. It was too much for me to take in. Gay? 

"Oh. I see. Well, I doubt I will be his lover this year anyways." I say.

"He didn't pick his boy yet, so you never know. It's probably you since you're the new kid. We all went out with Eddie already. I was young though, so I don't think much of it." The other boy says.

I was blushing so hard I could almost feel steam coming out of my cheeks. I left the restroom and saw Eddie, and my face was literally on fire.

"Shit. What did I get myself into?"