Chapter 18-October 30th, 1495

October 30th, 1495

I was kind of bored this week at sea. Since the supplies were excellent, there wasn’t much to occupy my time. Eliza was in full health and Striker hadn’t seen another underwater reef like we had before. There was nothing to do but that was when I remembered that we still had that Taino indian below deck. Maybe I could see him and establish some kind of friendship between us. Eliza had been teaching her English and she told me that she had caught on well.

Eliza had shown me the way to where she was kept before so I knew how to get there. As soon as I was about to go below deck to find her, I was surprised to see Joel and an older crew member carrying her up to the top. She looked a little sick and I guess they were going to give her some fresh air. There was something on Joel’s face that told me that wasn’t all they were doing though, so I followed them back up to the top of the ship.

Joel and the older man handed her off to a strong-looking guy and I watched what they were doing. The strong guy threw her over his shoulder and moved towards the side of the ship. I wondered what on Earth they could possibly doing and then a terrible thought dawned on me. With each step closer to the edge, the more the terrible feeling in my stomach grew. I took one step forward, but by then, he had already thrown her over the side of the ship.