Chapter One - WB039

First part written by WritersBlock039. Enjoy! :)

***

The large and noisy crowd slowly drifted through the hallway at Ericksburg High, much to the relief of many freshmen trying to find their way around. From one of the bathrooms, a freshman girl poked her head through her stall door – literally, right through her stall door – and looked around cautiously. There was no one in sight.

Relieved, she stepped through the stall door, walking through the bathroom and into the hallways. She always hated when it was this time of day.

Lunch.

Everyone was swarming the many staircases in the building, trying to get to the middle level. Freshmen like Jessie were always pushed out of the way.

However, most freshmen weren’t like Jessie.

She strode through the now-empty hallway, looking for the janitor’s office. She peered in through the window, then nodded, satisfied when she didn’t see him there. She stepped through the window, looked around, then climbed on top of the desk. She reached up to the ceiling, bent her knees, then jumped.

Her hands passed through the ceiling, and she gripped the floor above her. She pulled herself up, then walked through the abandoned gymnasium she had phased through.

She never got out of the room.

One of the big, burly football players slammed the door closed in front of her, stepping up. “Little miss shadow creeper,” he snarled, stepping towards her. “I believe you’re trespassing.”

“Rick,” Jessie growled, stepping backwards. The same guy had persuaded her to down too many drinks one night at a celebratory party in seventh grade.

Then he had his fun with her the rest of the evening.

She bumped into someone from behind, stifling a yelp when she felt their hands on her upper arms. “And you know we don’t like trespassers.”

Jessie swallowed looking back and forth between Rick and his best buddy, Alex. She shook her head. Just her luck. The two best of the football team, and the most popular.

Also known to take more from girls than what they bargained for when they dated. “What do you want?” she asked in a snarl, trying to move in Alex’s grasp.

Rick stepped forward, crossing his arms and leaning in towards her. She instinctively jerked her head back, and it collided into Alex’s chest. He chuckled from behind her. “I think she’s scared of us,” he mocked.

Rick smirked, taking a fistful of her long, dark hair and yanking it back, so her head was jerked up so he could finally see her. “Wonder why.”

Jessie swallowed, then decided to play their game. She hated school, even though she got As and Bs in almost every subject. Maybe her friend was available, at the college only a few blocks away. She swallowed again, then flirtatiously bit her lip, looking up at Rick with wide eyes. “I’m just remembering,” she whimpered, sounding pained.

It worked. Rick took her bait, releasing her hair. “Alex.” His friend let her go, coming into sight. Rick stepped towards her. It took all of Jessie’s willpower not to step backwards. “You know what happened those years ago was an accident, Jessie.”

Jessie tilted her head, hoping she looked innocent. “Really?”

“Really. I didn’t mean to get you that high on . . . whatever that alcoholic stuff was.”

Jessie smiled. “Make it up, maybe?”

He came towards her, and she absolutely despised the sudden lust that was shining in his eyes. Just as he was about to get to her, she smirked. “Can’t believe you fell for it.”