Chapter Six - DoT

Written by TashaRayBartonWest(on my iPod) enjoy!!!

***

"What do you mean, 'Loki must have known about us?!' I thought you took him back to where ever! I watched as you guys went up with a blue streak of light!" Saleen shouted at the men. Her entire body turned to ice. Even the floor under her started becoming frosted over. "Are you saying he escaped?!" She didn't realize any of it.

Out of the corner of her eye she could see Bruce's eyes turn green. "Lady Saleen, please calm down." Thor asked as the room's temperature dropped by at least 20 degrees. Icicle however could've cared less if the others were cold. She only cared about Jessie and herself. In her head it was mutants first. Everyone else was just obstacles she had to ignore. Then she felt someone's hand on her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder to see Bruce. His hand was wrapped in his shirt.

"Saleen, Relax." He coaxed with a weak smile. Saleen mumbled a sorry and she started returning herself to normal. The floor soon followed. Tony's mouth was slightly open in ah. Thor acted as if seeing a giant icicle was normal which for him it was. Clint stood next to Jessie's bed his eyes showed surprise but everything else showed worry. Natasha's eyes also showed surprise as did her face. Fury's face was black while Steve's was mainly confused.

"Are you calm now, mutant." Fury said harshly. Saleen glared at him as her hand frosted over again. Then she remembered the warmth of Bruce's glance, the look that told her that he didn't care if she was a mutant so she smirked.

"Mutant and proud." She replied slyly. Saleen saw Tony smirk and give her a thumbs up.

"Stark!" Fury scolded. Tony's hand went back to his side.

Saleen watched Thor as he spoke. "You are correct; Loki had been returned to Asgard and imprisoned. I returned to Mingard to warn the Avengers. We had found that Loki had attacked two guards and that he was no longer in his cell."

"You only had two guards watching him?! Are you insane?!" Clint said still standing near Jessie's bed.

"We... underestimated Loki." Thor replied. The other Avengers just glared at him other than Steve.

"So you're telling us that you underestimated the god that tried to destroy and conquer New York AND the man that killed Phil?!" Tony exclaimed.

"Aye, Man of Iron. The All-Father thought it was enough protection." Thor replied.

Tony scoffed. "Thor, we need to debrief and then I'll let the Avengers know what they need." Director Fury said turning on his heel getting ready to leave.

But before he could leave Icicle said some thing that made him freeze. "i want in." Fury turned and looked at her. "Loki attacked my friend and I don't let that go easily. Vertigo will also want in."

"No." Fury said easily.

"We could use them Fury." Bruce said coming to Saleen's defense.

Tony did as well, "Plus if Loki wants Saleen and is willing to hurt Jessie then it's for a reason."

"No." Fury answered sternly. Then he started walking out with Thor. Saleen wasn't going to give up though so she knelt down and put her hand on the floor. Soon frost emitted from her hand and made it's way past the two men planning on leaving. Just as they were about to make it to the door way she created a wall of ice in front of them.

"Sorry but I don't take no as an answer when it involve people harming my friends and going after me, So I am not letting that wall down until you get my point." Icicle said stubbornly thickening the wall to about 6 inches think. Then she stood up.

"Ms. Harper, I've already said no. SHIELD doesn't protect fugitives." Fury replied.

"You can call us fugitives but we aren't. Jessie was defending herself against the one that raped her when she was 13! I ran out because I saw cops with guns and they aren't afraid to use them against us and kill us!" Saleen defended Jessie and herself.

Fury glared at her and she returned it. Finally Fury buckled under her glare, "Fine, You and Ms. Nightshade may join the Avengers but if you do ANYTHING I don't like you won't be." Saleen smirked and bent down again. She started removing the wall of ice.

"Thank you, sir." She replied as Thor and Fury left.

"Okay! That was awesome!" Tony marveled at Saleen's win. Saleen smiled at him then sat in the chair next to Jessie again. She glanced at her friend then looked at the Avengers.

"I hope you guys don't mind us joining. I'm sorry for not asking first." She apologized.

"It's alright what I said earlier was true. We could use you guys." Bruce replied smiling.

"Thanks." Saleen replied.

Tony spoke up, "If you need some where to stay I always have spare rooms plus it looks like Jessie will be here at least over night and even then she can stay hear as well." Tony offered.

"That would be great. Thanks Tony." Saleen said smiling gratefully. One by one the Avengers trickles out until all that remained was Clint, Bruce, Saleen and of course Jessie. What Jessie had said earlier still rang in Clint's ears so did that name. Bruce checked on Jessie one more time dismissed himself then glanced at Saleen before leaving.

Clint left holding in his anger. He couldn't understand how pigs could take advantage as teenage girls. As soon as he returned to the training room he shot a few arrows in the dummy. Saleen fell asleep in the chair next to Jessie's sleeping form.