Eleven:

Cinderella.

Aren't we all familiar? She is the girl that grew up happily with her mother and father. She loved them and they loved her, until her mother passed away and her father remarries a while later (which we all know is always the bad option.).

Her step mother hates her. He step sisters hate her, but they never show it when her father is around, only when he left on his business trips. She would be a slave to them, even though they had enough servants around the house.

They'd make her clean the house from top to bottom without rest. Never helping her. Making her sleep in cinders, thus her name.

But she doesn't hate them. How could she? Because as soon as her father died, they were the only family that she had left. So she couldn't hate them.

But then one day she got the chance to go to a ball. To dance a bit, and maybe meet the the love of her life. Although she was stopped, and everything was done to make sure that she wouldn't go. Her godmother came and made her a dress. Fixed her hair, and gave her glass slippers. She was beautiful. She was able to go to the ball.

She came. She saw. She went.

Figuratively of course.  She went to the ball. She gave the prince false hope, by dancing with him and being flirty and stuff, although she knew that she had to be back home by midnight. As midnight came she didn't notice,  not until the clock rang. Not until it was too late and she had to dash out of the palace like the lady that she was.

Because the prince was a prince he managed to find her. Which took a while, and in the Grimm brothers' books a gruesome while. But he found her and they got married and lived happily ever after.

Or so they say.

The Disney movie was a childhood favorite of mine. I always watched it with my parents.

But when my mother died, and my father followed soon after he got remarried, and my life started feeling like the life of Cinderella (not as harsh, but not as fairy taley either) I started to hate the movie. And the books.

But at the moment as I was sitting down next to Charles with the large bowl of popcorn on the table I watched as the once paused T.V started playing and when I realized that it was Cinderella, snatched the T.V remote from Charles and stopped the T.V.

He looked at me confused. "And now?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." I said as I pushed my hair back behind my ear. It wasn't in my face, but I had done it more instinctively if anything.

"What's wrong?" I shook my head.

"Nothing." I looked up at him and forced a smile. "I just don't like Cinderella." He blinked a couple of times seeming rather confused.

"Don't all girls like Cinderella?" I did not answer him. But let him figure it out on his own. He could see my facial expression. "Don't you?"

"I just told you."

"What else do you want to watch then?" I put my finger on my chin and pouted thoughtfully.

"Other than the teacher who was supposed to be teaching me?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"Anything else then."

The movie was changed and all was well. Well kind of. I was in the same house as royalty. Charles and I watched a different movie and I laughed a couple of times, not before I cried happy tears in the end, because they finally realised that they couldn't live without each other.