Twenty-nine:

"Bella, Hi.

I don't know if you can hear me. I watched a movie once where the girl could hear things while she was in a coma. Can you hear me?

You've been unconscious for eight hours now. Charles is still freaking out. He's probably in a ball somewhere, crying. I just have broken ribs and a broken face, but I'm fine.

I'd always thought that talking to you again would be the best moment of my life. Remember we used to talk all night long. You used to tell me everything. We'll get back to that again one day, right? When you wake up, we can go to a fancy restaurant down town. I'll buy for you—because I'm a gentle man. I know...

Um, I just hit your bed with my wheel chair. Haha, I just wish you were up because I know you'd call me an idiot. That's what you always called me when I made a mistake...

You're very pretty today. I'm sorry I took so long to come today. I was irritated and threw my wheel chair against the wall. The hospital psychologist had a talk with me afterwards. She made me realise why I was so frustrated. I think it's my fault that you are here. She says that it wasn't my fault. But I could have done much more to protect you. I allowed that guy to touch you.