Thirty-one:

It was two days later that I was back to talking normally. Charles only left once to go take a shower. He was starting to get creepy. But I did not mind spending so much time with him. We were even closer than we were before I was kidnapped. It was mostly because I accepted that I loved Charles. I wanted to be with him and I knew that he felt the same about me, mostly because he said that he loved me every chance that he got.

I still had not told him.

Charles was at school. After I had forced him to go, he reluctantly went. I felt fine. I had a healing wound on my upper abdomen. It hurt when I touched it, but if I ignored it I was fine, so I did just that.

It was a cold day, and before Charles went to school he brought me a thick jersey. He said that it would keep me warm. It was the warmest, cosiest jersey that I had ever had. I loved it. My blankets were also warmer, thanks to Charles.

A man walked into the room as I was reading a book. I was confused as I looked up at him. I didn't know him.

"Can I help you?" He looked fancy; wearing a grey fitted suit. He was bold. He looked like someone that you could find in and out of the office on a daily basis.

He smiled at me. His smile looking just as expensive as his suit.

"Are you, Bella?" I slowly nodded, a bit confused. He walked towards me more confidently. "Hi, I'm Jonathan, Charles's father." I gaped. How did I not notice? He had the same eyes as Charles and Cole. He chuckled at my surprise. "I'm sorry for coming unannounced."

"It's um—it's fine." He smiled.

~*~

"School was torture."

"It's seven more months, Charles."

"Seven more months of me dying." Charles plopped onto the chair next to me. I laughed at how dramatic he was being.

Charles looked a lot like his father, except he still had a head full of hair. I remembered his father's smile. It looked just like Charles's. It made me smile.

"I know I'm handsome, Bella, but staring is rude." I laughed again at his comment. "You're happier than usual. What happened?"

"Your father came to visit." Charles smile was replaced by a confused expression.

"What? Why?"

"He just said that he wanted to see me. The girlfriend of his son." I said smiling.

"What did he say? Was he mean?" I raised an amused eyebrow.

"I wouldn't be smiling if he was." Charles still looked like he didn't believe me. "He did, though, tell me something interesting." Charles leaned closer to hear what I was about to say. I just smiled.

"What did he say?"

"He was here for almost an hour. He asked me a few questions and then told me a lot about you." I smirked when I said the last part. That seemed to get Charles nervous. "He told me that he was happy that you found me. I am beautiful, and smarter than you. I can cook. He said that he has always wanted you to be happy."

Charles seemed doubtful. I did not blame him. His father told me that their relationship had not been good ever since Charles found out that he had another son with another woman. After he realised how much his family was broken because of his father's lies he stopped liking Cole, because he believed that Cole was the reason for his breaking family. When in reality it was his father's fault. Cole did not ask to be born. He just was.