Twenty-Two:

Dear Prince

I hope you're well.

The sun shone very high in the sky this weekend and I was not even cold. Charles was gone for most of the weekend. He told me not to leave without calling one of his friends first too. I didn't like that. He acted as though someone would just come out in broad day light and kill me.

This all started a few days ago when we came back from the mall. At first I thought that Charles would slaughter Cole, but then I realised how worried he looked. Cole looked terrible too, like he had not slept in a very long time. I got out of the car and went to him. Charles followed behind me. Cole smiled at me, like he did not want me to see him the way that he was.

He spoke to me like a little girl, reassuring me of something that even I did not know. I was worried. I asked him what was wrong. He said nothing. Charles then sent me inside and told me that he and Cole needed to have a "talk". I was reluctant but then left. I don't know what happened after.

Charles left a while later after he had called Nicholas to babysit me, even though he did not directly say "babysit". I did not want him to leave, I was worried. I hated when Charles was so secretive, and it was the first time too. He came back home very late at night. I had fallen asleep in the sofa with Nicholas on the single seater sofa. I only woke up when Charles stroked my cheek. I was freaked out at first, but then almost bit his head off because he had me so worried and then he just didn't even have the decency to call. He apologised. I did not forgive him. He told me to trust him. I forgave him. Nicholas slept over that night.