Twenty-Three:

"Oh, hello." Cole's mom seemed surprised to see me. She glanced at Cole and then looked at me. Her features turned suggestive.

"Mom, this is Bella. She's coming home with us today." His mother's eyes widened.

"Bella, nice to meet you."

"Hi." I said awkwardly.

"You're really pretty. Cole has never come home with a girl before." She laughed happily.

"Mom, stop it." Cole opened the door and I got in, with him following.

"Hey, shush! How long have you known Cole, Bella?"

"About a month."

"And I just heard about you now?" Cole's mom started the car and starting leaving the school grounds. "Shame on you Cole." Cole sighed, and I couldn't help but smile. Cole looked so annoyed.

Cole looked just like his mother. The only thing different were his eyes. She had curly chocolate hair, the same shade's as Cole's hair.

"I told you about her mom." Annoyed, Cole was kind of cute. "She was the one who helped me make the bread."

"Oh," From the front mirror Cole's mom glanced at me. She had a wide smile on her face. "I like you already Bella. That sauce tasted like heaven, and ever since you showed Cole how to make that bread he's made it every other day." I smiled.

"So how was school today?" Cole's mom must have noticed how uncomfortable Cole was becoming. She started talking about her work and asked me a few more questions about myself. I answered as honestly as I could.

We stopped a couple of minutes later by the supermarket. Cole's mom turned around and smiled at me, she then looked at Cole.

"There are a few things missing at home. You're not in a rush are you?" Cole looked at me inquisitively. I shook my head. It was not like Charles would be there or anything. "Great." Cole was given a card. He looked at me.

"Let's go together?" He asked and I smiled.

"Sure." It was not the first time that we would be going shopping. I loved shopping with Cole. He was fun to be around, although he was also the reason for Charles' mysteriousness.

Cole and I went into the supermarket.

"I like your mom." I said as he took the trolley. He started pushing it and we went into the supermarket.

"She's a bit embarrassing though." I smiled. I wished that I had a mother to embarrass me in front of my friends. But I did not tell Cole that.

Shopping was pretty eventless. Cole just told me a random story about a family gathering once at his uncle's house. I smiled, I couldn't laugh. Cole noticed my down mood.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked as we stopped at the till. We were behind a lot of people. So it would take a while. I looked up at Cole and then looked forward.

"It's nothing."

"I can see that it's something. If you don't tell me then I won't know how to help." He was right.

"Why were you at Charles's house on Friday?" The question seemed to have shocked him. I frowned. "If it's private, it's fine... I mean, I'm just very nosy." I quickly said as I faced forward.

"Did something happen, Bella?" I shook my head.

"Is someone coming over today? I heard your mom talk about a star visiting?" I changed the topic. I did not need to burden Cole with my problems. I did not look up at Cole, but I was guessing that he was doubtful. I would be.