Part 34

Lana's POV:
We get to her room and the nurse helps me so I can sit on the bed next to Jen, Olivia, Sara and Ginny pull up chairs next to us. Jen has her legs elevated and in casts she is also wearing a neck brace, but the biggest difference was that she was no longer pregnant and I couldn't help but cry. After about a half an hour, Ginny breaks the silence "you hungry?" She asks us. I shake my head but the others respond with a yes. So Sara, Olivia and Ginny went down stairs to grab something to eat as lunch had already past. But Sara stays behind a few minutes to talk to me "Are you okay?" She asks me concerned,she obviously wasn't listening to the doctor before she brought us up to see Jen. "Yes, just a broken arm and leg, nothing too serious." I say. "And mom?" She asks as she looks over at Jen who still hasn't opened her eyes yet. I tame a deep breath. "She... Um..." I begin but Sara notices that Jen is no longer carrying the baby. She gently places her hand over Jen's stomach as her other hand covers her mouth as tears begin to fall. "Oh no, the baby!" She cried and I pulled her in for a hug. "Its okay sweetie, she's fine. Jen was far enough along so they induced labor, and your sister is fine." I say with a smile and tears spring in my eyes at the words that come out of my mouth in realization that I have a daughter. Sara looks up at me confused. "Sister?" She asks and I nod, smie and brush a strand of hair out of her face as a tear runs down my cheek. Sara smiles and tears continue to fall on her red cheeks. She hugs me and I hold her right for a moment. "You have a sister." I say happily to her. "When can I see her?" She asks. I look at her sadly. "Not for a couple of weeks, her lungs aren't fully developed yet." I say and she nods in understanding.

After a few hours, Ginny left to go home and take care of her kids. Olivia stayed with Sara and I probably because she had no where else to go. Nurses are constantly coming in and out of her room making sure Jen is stable. After another half hour, a new, younger nurse comes in to check on Jen and Sara recognizes her. "Emily?" She asks the nurse who looks over at her. "Oh my god Sara?!" The nurse asks surprised and runs over and hugs Sara. "I thought I'd never see you again." Sara said. "Me too. How are you?" Emily asks. "I'm good. Or was at least until my mom-" Sara began but was cut off "wait Jen adopted you?" She asked surprised and I smiled but shook my head. "She's my real mother." I say happily. Emily laughs "oh my god that's crazy!" "I know!" Sara responds laughing. "Lana adopted me." Sara says looking at me. "Emily, this is Lana, Lana this is Emily, she was my best friend back in my last foster home." She says introducing me to Emily. "Hi, nice to meet you." I say with a smile. "Nice to finally meet you too! I've been a huge fan for like ever!" She says with a laugh and holds up the evilregal sign. I laugh and hold the sign back up to her. "Do you mind if we get a picture?" She asks. "Why not." I answer and she pulls out her phone and we take a selfie. "Thank you so much!" She says happily. "Anything for my fans." I respond. "If you guys need anything please let me know." She said before leaving the room and Sara followed her out to talk to her. I could see them talking through the window of the room and after a few minutes, they both came back in. "Lana come with me, I have something I need to show you." Emily said with a huge smile on her face. I got up off of Jen's bed and stood on my good leg before sitting back down into the wheel chair. Sara runs over to me and gets behind the chair and pushes me towards the door. We follow Emily down several long halways, down an elevator, and down a few more hallways. We stop at a large window, but I can't see inside. All I see is NICU in big letters over it, and that's exactly when I knew where I was. I smiled and looked back up at Sara. "Can you help me up?" I ask her and Sara came around and helped me up so I could see inside. Emily came up to my other side and looked through the window. Inside the room on the other side were a few babies that were in incubaters some even had breathing machines hooked up to them. Emily' eyes wandered the room until she found the one she was looking for. She smiled at me and pointed towards the baby bundled up in a pink blanket. "That baby right there, that's your baby girl." She says with a huge smile on her face. I can't help the tears that spill out onto my cheeks. She's so small and tiny, yet something clicked inside of me that this was my daughter. I looked over at Sara who also had tears running down her face. "Thank you." She says to emily who smiles at her in return. "Thank you." I also say to her. "No problem, anything for you two." She says. Sara and I stare in awe at the baby for a few more minutes before Emily says she has to go back to work. We return to Jen's room the smile still plastered on my face. I was so grateful for Emily showing us my daughter and Sara's sister. It meant so much to me to see her. Now all I needed was for Jen to wake up.