Chapter 14: Air Conditioner

-Rogue P. O. V.-

We arrived at the Mermaid Heel guild after a while. Erza and Kagura instantly stepped forward and started digging first. One by one, the other ladies and me started doing so as well. Frosch sat on a nearby rock, watching us and clapping.

"Go Rogue!" He was a very strange exceed, but he was my best friend, aside from Sting.

"I found one of yer cat toys, Millianna!" Beth shouted, holding up a little stuffed mouse.

"Mouse!" Millianna practically pounced on her comrade to get her toy.

"Oh, I remember this." I leaned over Arana's shoulder to see a picture of the Mermaid Heel guild at the Grand Magic Games ball. Kagura was in a stunning dress that made her look gorgeous. (Pictured Above. On a side note, look at the picture. Look how Millianna is so happy, but Happy and Lily look exhausted!) "Rogue, we took this picture to commemorate the day that Kagura had softened up, but that's nothing compared to what you did!"

I scratched the back of my head, a bit embarrassed. "Yeah, I guess. Anyway, why does she look so upset?"

"She's drunk. Speaking of which, you two should get drunk together! Kagura does so many embarrassing thing when she's drunk!"

Kagura glared at her guildmate. "What did you say?"

I smirked as Arana quickly shook her head. "Nothing, Kagura."

The two resumed digging. Heh. The Grand Magic Games.

That was the first time I ever saw Kagura. Her power was amazing, against Yukino AND Erza. Her amazing power, her breathtaking beauty, her cute, bubbly personality...

Maybe she could be Frosch's mommy...

Huh? What's this?

I pulled a weird thing out of the rubble. It was a some piece of clothing, like a shirt or something.

"Rogue..."

I turned to Kagura. "Yeah? You know who this belongs to?"

She nodded. "Yeah... that's m-mine..."

"My undershirt..."

My face turned red. Kagura's friends and Erza all gave me sly smirks or eyebrow wiggles.

I slowly set her clothes down and backed away.

"Go Rogue!"

He may be my best friend, but his timing is so accidentally perfect...

-Sting P. O. V.-

I went up to my office to find Lector and found him in there, waiting.

"Sting!" He said, hopping off the couch.

"Hey Lector! What have you been doing?"

He showed me a piece of paper in his hand that had his slightly scribbled handwriting on it. "I was writing this!"

I read the note that he had written. It was brief, just a thing about a broken air conditioner.

"The air conditioner is broken? But, everything seems fine."

Lector looked a bit worried. "Well, after Rogue went to go to Mermaid Heel, I went to check the air conditioners in the rooms, because I do that every now and then, and found that the one in Yukino's room is busted. It won't turn off at all, so that room will get pretty cold soon."

I put a hand to my chin. "Well. That might be a problem. Come on."

Lector followed me. "Where are we going?"

"Yuki is helping Lucy unpack, so we should ask them for their opinion. They might want a different room until it's fixed."

Lector and I headed towards the girls' room to tell them the news.

-Yukino P. O. V.-

"Lucy... Does it seem chilly in here to you?" I asked as she was putting away the last of her clothes.

"Now that you mention it..." She rubbed her shoulders, trying to warm herself up. "It does seem a bit cold in here."

"I'll turn off the AC." I got off my bed and went over to the AC by the window and flipped the switch to turn it off. But, it didn't turn off.

"Huh. That's strange." I said as I flipped the switch a few more times.

"What is it?" Lucy asked, finished with her unpacking.

"The AC won't turn off..." I stopped flipping the switch.

"What happened?"

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door.

"Yuki! Lucy! It's Sting!"

"Come in!" I yelled.

Sting opened the door and came in, Lector close behind him.

"Sting, what's up with the AC?" Lucy asked him.

"Sorry, girls. Lector said it won't turn off. So, we have a problem, as it'll get pretty cold pretty quickly."

Lucy looked horrified. "But we just spent all that time unpacking! Lector, when will it be fixed!?"

He thought for a second. "About a week."

Lucy looked enraged.

"Anyway," I interjected. "What should we do?"

Lucy sighed. "I'll just move my sleeping bag in with Minerva and Erza."

"Okay, well what about Yuki!? Oh, and Kagura?" Sting asked.

I thought for a moment, but Lector answered first.

"What if they sleep in your room, Sting?"

I nearly fainted.

Sting's eyes nearly popped out of his head as Lucy had a huge smirk on her face.

"W-W-W-W-What do you mean...!?" I asked.

"Well, we don't have any other spare rooms, and their room is the closest, being across the hall, plus, you guys are pretty close. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, right?"

"Well, what if there isn't enough room? What will they sleep on?" Sting asked, as I couldn't speak.

"Sting, don't you remember? You and Rogue have queen sized beds. Sure, Minerva does too, but that's only enough room for two people, so it'd be weird for only one of them to sleep in your room, so they both might as well!"

My face was burning hot, enough that the AC probably didn't matter now. "S-So... that means that Kagura will sleep in Rogue's bed and I'll sleep in S-S-St-Sting's b-b-bed...?"

Lector smiled and nodded with confidence. "Yep!"

Sting scratched the back of his head. "Well, I-I'm okay with it, I guess... But, I'll only do it if you're comfortable with it. And of course, if Rogue and Kagura are, too..."

It took a lot of strength for me to say it...

"Y-Yeah... I'm o-okay with it... t-too..."

Lucy looked so happy as she stood up. "Well then, I think that I'll be happy to move all my stuff to Minerva's room now. Now that Yukino and Kagura are... settling down..."

"I'll... I'll grab some clothes and stuff..." I went over to my dresser and started to grab a few clothes.

Sting came over to me. "You need a hand?"

I nodded, shyly. "S-Sure..."

Damn it, my face just won't stop blushing!

Curse my adorable shyness!