Chapter 23: Late Night Snack

-Sting P. O. V.-

The next morning, I woke up a bit earlier than usual. Though, something was different.

What was this soft, squishy thing I'm feeling? It's a bit familiar... Wait...

Please don't be that again...

I slowly looked down, remembering that Yukino was there, and saw it.

I was groping her right breast...

Well, at least it balances out.

How was she sleeping through this? I'm lucky that I woke up first.

I groggily and carefully got out of my bed. I was able to not wake her up.

I looked at my alarm clock. No wonder she'd not up yet, it's 3 in the morning!

I'm still all groggy. I need a late night snack or something. I'm hungry...

I need something to eat something white... To satisfy my light dragonslayer hunger.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'll just eat one of my t-shirts.

I dragged my body over to my dresser. I opened one of the drawers and felt around until I felt what I assumed was a t-shirt. I have no idea, I'm really tired.

I'm also really hungry, so I pulled another shirt out of the drawer. I started eating both of them.

Something was different. I've eaten my T-shirts as late night snacks before, even since that one time I got drunk and ate one, but these shirts taste different.

They taste sweeter, lighter, and one tastes just a faint bit damper than the other...

"Sting!"

I looked over to see Yukino awake. She was still in my bed, but she was sitting up, looking at me. Her cheeks were red.

"Good mornfing, Yuthkino." I said with my mouth full. "Whath's wrong?"

"Sting! Why are you eating my underwear!?"

I froze. I looked down at what was in my mouth.

I was eating a pair of Yukino's white panties and one of her white bras...

I wish she woke up when I was groping her...

I quickly finished eating her underwear, and stood up. "I'm sorry! I didn't know it was yours!"

She pulled the covers over her face. She must be really embarrassed about this.

I walked over and sat down on the bed next to her. "Hey, Yuki."

She remained silent.

"You're really mad right now, aren't you?"

She answered that time. "No..."

"Well, then, what's wrong?"

She went silent again. After a minute, she spoke again.

"That's not what I wanted you to do with my underwear..."

"What was that?"

She sat up and punched my arm. "Sting, I know you heard that with your super dragonslayer hearing! Don't play dumb..."

I looked at her. Both our cheeks were red. "Okay... Yeah, I heard that..."

She pouted. It was really freaking adorable. "You're not supposed to EAT my underwear..."

"What am I supposed to do with it, then?"

Her cheeks turned redder.

"Never mind that. Just... just don't eat my underwear again..."

"I've never had anyone tell me that before." I chuckled.

She sighed. She then awkwardly tapped her fingers together.

"Sting... how did my under wear taste... was it... good?"

I was surprised. "That's... a bit of a weird question..."

She nodded. "I know... I'm just... curious..."

I blushed some more, then scratched the back of my head. "Well... They were sweet... And light and fluffy... It was like a nice vanilla cake with vanilla icing... It was also a bit tangy... And there was just a hint of lemon... I feel very weird talking about this..."

"D-Did... Did you enjoy it...?"

I shrugged. "I don't know... I guess I did... I won't eat your underwear again, Yukino, I swear."

She nodded. "Okay..."

Another gap of silence.

I was about to say something else, when she suddenly hugged me.

"Yukino?"

"Sting... Can I ask you for a big favor?"

I was a bit nervous. "What do you want? You can ask me anything."

She shyly hugged me tighter. "Can I... stay... in your room? I mean, even after the air conditioner is fixed... Can I stay here in your room with you?"

"W-What!? Where is this coming from!?"

"Last night... It was different..."

"W-What?"

"Last night, I felt safer, warmer in your arms... I was more comfortable than I was on my own... I... enjoyed sleeping by your side... I sometimes have nightmares, but I didn't have one last night... I had the most wonderful dream, and I was so happy...  It  was pure bliss... Being in your arms as I slept... It was the best sleep of my life... I trust you more than anyone, Sting... Please... Can I stay?"

Her words got to me. I blushed a whole lot. "Yeah. Yes, you can stay here... As long as you want..." I hugged her back.

"Thank you, Sting." She smiled.

I smiled back.

We were staring into each other's eyes... just like that one time...

"Yukino..."

"Sting..." She put her hand up to my cheek.

I put my hand on her cheek and started to lean in.

She was shocked, but closed her eyes and started to lean in to.

I closed my eyes, nervous.

Was this going to happen?

Please... Lector, Frosch, Rogue, Kagura... Please don't wake up... Don't ruin this moment... Please, nobody ruin this moment... Or I swear I will kill them...

Our lips touched.

Thank everything.

She threw her arms around my neck, so I wrapped mine around her waist in response.

I leaned back, leaving her on top of me.

I was actually kissing Yukino... The girl I loved...

This was pure bliss...

She was so sweet, so sensitive...

It was like I was dreaming...

No, please don't tell me I was dreaming...

No, I can't be.

I just kept enjoying this moment, for as long as I could.

After about two minutes, we pulled away and looked at each other. We hugged each other.

"I love you, Yukino..." I said quietly.

"I love you too, Sting..." She was quiet too.

We kissed again.