Chapter 17: What To Wear

-Rogue P. O. V.-

"Did you really think that you could hide this from me?"

I turned towards the front doors to see a sight for sore eyes standing in the doorway.

"You can't hide something like this from me!"

He's back.

"So, you've finally returned?" I asked, as he walked inside, closing the doors behind him.

"And it seems I have just in time." He responded.

"How long has it been? A week."

"About that, yes. But, I finished the job, so Minerva can't call me a C-lister."

Dobengal has returned. (Congrats to Roseglow for being the first, to guess correctly! Most of you said Gajeel, I guess because Rogue was the one to call him a friend, but I don't think Gajeel will appear in this story. I mean, Rogue did look up to Gajeel and they had all that stuff happen at the Grand Magic Games, but I don't think he'll really fit in well with the story I have planned out. Also partly because Gajeel doesn't seem to have as close as a connection to Rogue as Lucy does to Yukino, or Erza to Kagura. So, I'm sorry if you're disappointed, but hey, at least it wasn't Ichiya.)

His job lasted a week, but I get the feeling it took a bit longer than it should have, since it requested two people. He looked pretty okay, no major injuries or bruises were visible. Then again, he is a ninja. He has very keen hearing, and with his teleportation magic, he can easily scare the hell out of us.

He goes to town on Halloween.

"So, I'm assuming you want to join us for our big dinner, tonight?" I asked the returning member.

"That is correct. 7:30, correct?"

I nodded. "Exactly. Fancy suits and dresses."

"I have just the thing. See you then. NINJA VANISH!" He threw down a smoke bomb and when the smoke cleared, he was gone.

Was that... a new thing he picked up during his job? He doesn't yell that or use his smoke bombs to leave. I have a bad feeling about this...

-Yukino P. O. V.-

I went towards the rooms and saw the Mermaid Heel members bringing their stuff into their rooms. I saw Kagura and Erza enter Sting and Rogue's room, so I thought this would be a good chance to talk to Kagura about our... situation. When I went inside, they were putting Kagura's into a dresser that I assume they brought from our room.

"Hello, Yukino." Kagura greeted. Erza smiled as I gave a small smile to the two.

"Hey, Kagura. Hello Erza." I greeted.

"What brings you here? Want to pick out your dress, early? I know a lot about clothes." Erza said.

"No, I just thought I'd talk to Kagura about our situation for the week."

"Oh yeah! You two will get to sleep side-by-side with your future husbands for a week!" Erza said with a sparkle in her eyes.

Kagura crossed her arms over her chest as her face turned red, as did mine. "You don't have to make such a big deal about it..."

Erza stood up and shouted. "Of course I have to make a big deal about this! My half-sister is sleeping next to a man for the first time! He must be worthy of such an honor! And you must be prepared for this as well! What kind of pajamas are you planning on wearing!?"

Kagura looked shocked. "W-What does that mean!?"

"You don't need to wear stuffy pajamas just because you're sleeping with a man! You should wear this!" Erza pulls a pink pajama gown out of Kagura's dresser. "This will definitely work!"

"Kagura, why do you own that?" I asked.

Kagura snatched her clothes out of Erza's hands and raised her voice a bit. "It's comfortable, okay! And I can't wear this! I'm not some cheap harlot or something! This would more likely harm my relationship than help it!"

"What about you, Yukino." Erza completely ignored Kagura's outburst. "What are you wearing?"

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my nightgown and my underwear. Nothing to be ashamed about. Sure, my underwear was only a bra and panties, but the nightgown covers me. "This."

Erza shook her head. "No,no, no. That won't due. You should just forget the nightgown and sleep in your underwear!"

Kagura cracked a smile. "Geez, I didn't know my half-sister was so daring."

Erza faced the girl. "Excuse me, but my pajamas are totally fine." She requipped into a pair of totally normal pink pajamas with the Heart Kreuz pattern all over it. "Do you have a problem with these?"

Kagura chuckled. "Maybe you should take your own advice. That is, if you're serious about Jellal."

I laughed as Erza finally blushed. I couldn't tell where her face ended and her hair started. "You be quiet!" She yelled.

"Anyway." I said, attempting to shift the conversation away from this topic, "What kind of stuff did you find while you guys were out?"

Kagura smiled, happy that there was a normal conversation going on. "Well, I got some more clothes from my place, a framed photo, a scrapbook, and a spare hair ribbon. I keep a spare ribbon with my clothes in case I lose the one currently in my hair." She tapped her head, gesturing to the ribbon.

"A scrapbook?" I asked.

"I keep pictures in there. There's plenty of me and my guildmates, and some from the Grand Magic Games. Maybe I'll get some new ones while I'm here."

I smiled. "That sounds fun! Maybe I should make a scrapbook!"

"Yukino, did you bring anything from your room in here, other than clothes? Where are your keys?" Erza asked.

"I keep my keys in a pocket on the inside of my cloak. I always wear my cloak for battles, anyway, so I thought it was best to keep them in my cloak. It's also very convenient, as I don't have to wear an extra thing for my keys." I answered.

Erza nodded with respect. "Clever. Perhaps Lucy should keep her keys in between her breasts..."

"Erza... Just... no." I told her. But, she didn't hear me. She was probably also thinking about other things the women at Fairy Tail could store in their bosoms...

I guess that's Erza for you.