Chapter 43: Nighttime Activity

Not gonna give up on this book.

I love you guys and your goofball comments and excitable energy. The regulars like Roseglow, soul_tail1234, and yasssjessy231 and the ones that only comment a few times and even the new readers trickling in every now and then. You guys are some of the comments I look forward to the most every chapter.

Now without further ado, enjoy. Note: next chapter... you guys know what's coming. After all, a lot of you want it.

Fan fictions are like tea. Sometimes plain is good, but every now and then...

You got to have a twist of lemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Kagura P. O. V.-

Most of us were awake after Moana. The only person who was asleep was Orga, who conked out during the credits.

Pity. He missed the little scene after.

Erza let Natsu have control over what movies we were watching for the rest of the night. He almost picked Trolls, but he said that he swore to Wendy and Romeo that he wouldn't see it without them.

I think he wants them to have a little mini movie date. How sweet.

So, we watched Aladdin. Erza was silently fangirling when Lucy laid her head on Natsu's shoulder during 'A Whole New World'.

Then came another classic. Beauty and the Beast. How fitting, cause I hear they're making a new one or something soon.

Even I had to smirk when Yukino and Sting held hands during the ballroom dance.

And lastly came Tangled. Natsu said Rapunzel reminded him of 'First', whoever that was.

It was during that movie when everyone who was still up fell asleep.

I was still up, though. I usually was the last person to hit the hay at Mermaid Heel. I was always put in charge when the guildmaster was away.

I looked around. Everyone was snoring away, scattered across the floor.

Sting and Yukino were cuddling with Lector nestled between them.

Natsu was on his back, mumbling about beating up a guy named Gray.

Erza was mumbling Jellal's name softly a few times and she hugged a pillow.

Then there was Rogue.

He was holding Frosch like a child would teddy bear as the two slept so peacefully.

It was fucking adorable.

I went over and sat down next to them. I gently poked Rogue's shoulder. "Hey Rogue. You up?"

The shadow dragonslayer slowly blinked awake and looked up at me. "Hey Kagura... What do you want...?" His voice was groggy, but pretty cute.

"I don't know. I don't really go to bed that early."

He sat up, setting Frosch down next to Sting and Yukino's cuddle fest. Frisch nestled himself in with Lector pretty quick.

"You wanna go back to our actual room and sleep?" I suggested.

Rogue looked at me. He glanced over at Frosch and Lector nestled in between Sting and Yukino and then looked back at me. "Sure."

Quietly, we tiptoed away from the slumbering party.

"Dobengal... Show me your huge ninja sword..." Arana muttered in her sleep.

Rogue gave me a look and I just shrugged. "She's an odd one."

When we got back to our room, Rogue closed the door and locked it after I suggested that he should in case someone wanted to try to disturb us.

"Say, Kagura...?" Rogue rubbed his neck as I fluffed my pillow. He was sitting at the foot of the bed.

I went over and sat next to him. "What is it?"

He sighed. Even in the dark, I could make out the faintest trace of a blush on his face. "I'm sorry... about this morning. You know... when you saw..."

I cut him off before my blush deepened too much. "It's fine..." I crossed my arms as I looked away and mumbled something under my breath.

"It wasn't all that bad..."

"What was that?" Rogue had the cockiest smirk on his face when he said that.

I punched him in the arm, my face red as a beet. "Oh, fuck off! You and your damn dragon slayer hearing."

Rogue laughed as I wailed away on his shoulder. "Hey, calm down. Nothing wrong with liking your boyfriend's body, right?"

Oh right. All that's happened made me forget that Rogue and I agreed to be a couple. "I guess you're right."

Rogue laughed again. "We've done some bold things already, haven't we? You deserve to know this, but when I woke up, my face was buried in your boobs."

That's when out burst out laughing.

His confused expression made me decide to explain. "I kinda pulled you into them before you woke up."

He laughed. "Well, now I feel silly for thinking you'd kill me if you found out."

Wiping a tear from my eye after my fit of laughter, I looked at him. "I wouldn't have killed you even if I wasn't the one to pull your face in. I mean, you're my boyfriend now. And you're a very handsome guy. And also kind and caring and passionate..."

"Well, what about you?" He interrupted. "You're strong, level-headed, determined, beautiful, you're a great catch!" He shyly added in one more comment. "I'm very lucky to have someone as great as you..."

Nobody has ever said something that nice to me...

I got up and sat down on his legs, straddling his lap.

We were at eye level, staring deeply into each others' eyes, slowly becoming mesmerized.

Throwing our arms around each other, his around my waist and mine around his neck, we shared a passionate kiss.

It was like that for a moment, about half a minute or so until something happened.

Leaning into the kiss, Rogue laid back onto the bed, placing me on top of him.

We broke the kiss, partly to get some air, and partly because of what happened.

We looked at each other for a moment.

The look in his eyes...

It was the same as the one I was giving him...

We nodded, knowing full well what was about to happen.

Rogue and I are going to do what lovers do best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep. Lemon next chapter.

Also, I've heard that you guys are probably wondering where the conflict of the story is going to come in, yes?

Well, I've been trying to find a good place to introduce the conflict that will take place. For like, the past bunch of chapters.

There will be conflict! Not just a bunch of fluff and lemons and pop culture references! There's a small arc and a large arc I have planned out and the ending of this story I have envisioned may blow you away.

Or it won't. You could just think it's a nice ending and not be totally surprised by it.

Either way, have a good night or day or whatever time it is for you.

This is Emerald-kun, signing out! Peace!