Chapter 33: Sting's Surprise

-Yukino P. O. V.-

After we finished our ice cream, Sting and I left the parlor.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Sting asked.

I thought for a moment. "I don't really care. Actually, what time is it?"

Sting looked at his watch. "We got about an hour until we have to go back to the guild."

I nodded. "Okay. What's the plan?"

She smiled. "I have an idea."

"What's your idea."

He smiled bigger, like he wanted to this for a while. "I want to show you something." He then grabbed my wrist and we ran off.

I wonder what it is.

-Minerva P. O. V.-

This... is... perfect!

"Tigress, what's with that wickedly happy smirk?" Lucy asked, now back in her normal clothes.

"Do you know what this means, Boobs McKenzie!?"

"That I can stop being called that dumb code name?"

"No."

"Dammit."

"This is very good for us." Rufus said, breaking into the conversation. "I remember exactly what Lady Tigress is thinking about."

"Then inform me, Time Lord, or I'll get all wibbly wobbly timey wimey on your asses!"

"I got this, darling." I told Rufus.

"Then go ahead, my lady."

"Boobs McKenzie, this is great for us. Sting has secretly been preparing something away from the guild. I've sneaked out and followed him in secret to try to find out what, but I could never find it. He's really good at making sure nobody follows him when he wants to. We can only follow him on this date because it's not a secret. Anyway, from what I can tell, it's a surprise for someone. And today I think we finally know who it's for!"

"You think it's for Yukino?"

"If it's not for Yukino, I will personally strap that girl to bed, naked, and lock her in a room with Sting until she gets a bun in the oven to get them together!"

"...You're just kidding, right?" Lucy asked, very concerned.

"Of course I am."

She sighed, relieved. "Thank Mavis, Tigress."

"Yeah, I'd probably do that anyway."

Lucy went silent.

"I think I actually found someone more insane than Scarlet..."

-Yukino P. O. V.-

He guided me through the streets. We past a lot of people, but I was pretty sure nobody was following us. We finally got to where he was going. He turned us into an alley.

"Sting... Why are we in an alley?" Yukino asked me as we reached the end.

"Cause it's this way. C'mon, in here." He pulled down an old poster to reveal a hole the size of a doorway. Man, that was a big poster.

I was about to go in, but he stopped me. "Wait a sec. I'm gonna cover your eyes. Is that okay?"

"Yes." I nodded, ready for whatever he was planning. I trust Sting completely.

"Okay." He places his hands over my eyes. I also closed them, as it would be weird if they were open. Slowly, he helped guide me into the doorway and slowly through a door into another room, momentarily taking a hand off of my eyes.

"Okay, Yukino. I'm going to uncover your eyes now. Are you ready?"

I wanted to nod, but I wasn't sure how that would work with his hands over my eyes, so I just spoke. "Yes, I'm ready."

He took his hands away and I opened my eyes. I looked around the room.

The room was filled with a whole bunch of stuff. One wall was a line of shelves, each full of books. On the other side, that wall had a tack board with a bunch of papers pinned up on it. I looked behind me, but there was nothing on or near the wall, aside from the door we entered. It was a wooden door, with a latch on it. I turned back and saw the wall I was facing. There was a rack with a bunch of tools hung up on it, hammers, saws, and there was more traditional stuff like scissors, knives, and a hot glue gun. There was a sewing machine in the corner of the room. Right below the tool rack was desk with a lamp on it. There was a book on it, being illuminated by the light.

"Sting, what is this place?" I asked, very curious.

He walked over to the desk and picked up the book. "This is my workshop. It's where I go when I want to work on my personal projects."

"Projects?"

He walked over to me and showed me the book. It was about the size of a scrapbook. I read the title. Sabertooth: The Rebirth.

"I started using this room after the Grand Magic Games, which is when I started this one. Open it."

I opened the scrapbook. There were pictures of all of us. Rogue and Frosch playing in a field of flowers. Frosch chasing a butterfly. Orga doing a cannonball into the pool. Rufus and Minerva sunbathing. Lector eating a fish for breakfast. One of me and Sting on a job together. Even some pictures from the holidays. Like the picture from last Halloween. Rufus and Minerva went as Asgore and Toriel, Lector went as Monster Kid. Frosch was wearing a cat costume over his frog costume. Orga was Elvis. Rogue, Sting and I decided to match up. Rogue was Sebastian Michaelis, Sting was Ciel Phantomhive, and I was Elizabeth Midford. That was a good Halloween.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked, closing the book.

Sting took the scrapbook and put it on one of the shelves. "I've started a new scrapbook. I won't show it to you. I won't tell you it's title or what it's about. But, I'll tell you that it involves what's been going on recently. Anyway, other than that, I have the main thing I wanted to show you." He took one of the normal looking books and a scrapbook off the shelves and handed them to me. I quickly flipped through them. They were both empty and had no titles on them. Nothing was even written on the inside covers.

"Sting, what are these?" I asked, confused.

"Yours" He said, smiling.

"What?"

"A little birdy told me that you wanted to make a scrapbook. And I remember that you said you've always wanted to keep a diary slash journal. Well, now you have both."

I couldn't believe this. Sting just... gave these to me? And it wasn't my birthday or Christmas or any special occasion. He just gave them to me out of the kindness of his heart.

I shed a tear. "Thank you, Sting.... Thank you..."

He smiled. "You're welcome, Yuki."

That did it. You know what, fuck it.

I dropped the books and pulled Sting into a lip lock.