Time between friends.

We snuck through the fence of nightly double, drive in; and right off the bat Dally went off to flirt with some girls. They where showing a repeat of gone with the wind and then a beach movie. Apparently Ponyboy and Johnny are into gone with the wind, so Bridget and I went to get some popcorn. "Bridget, how bad is Johnny hurt?" I asked, thinking about how scared Johnny was when I played that trick on he and Ponyboy earlier. "Pretty bad... For a while he was afraid of his own shadow... He still kinda is... But then you came along and it's like you changed his life around. Like he would kill someone for you." She said, making me smile for some odd reason. "Oh... He just got a little scared earlier, when I played a prank on him and Ponyboy." I said as we moved another inch down the mile long line.

"So, how bad are you hurt?" Bridget asked, rubbing her hands together for warmth. "I don't know... Not worse than Johnny... Maybe equal at the most... How'd you know?" I asked, between chattering teeth. "Because, you and him act the same." She said, as we finally made it at least inside the heated concession stand. "Oh." I said, as we grabbed the popcorn and I bought everyone some hot coco.

When we got back, to our now snow covered seats I handed everyone a hot coco and we watched the ending of gone with the wind. It was cold as ever in the chairs at the nightly double so my teeth started chattering again. "A-Are you cold?" Johnny asked shyly. "Y-Y-Yea a l-l-little." I said, through my teeth, attempting to make them stop. "Come here." He said, pulling me onto his lap and taking off his jacket. He layed it across us like you would a blanket and rested his warm hands on my stomach. "How is it, you remain warm?" I asked, feeling safe and warm. "I'm warm? All I felt was cold." He said, chuckling. Ponyboy and Bridget where whispering to each other for a long time, until she burst out saying. "YES, OF COURSE I'LL BE YOUR GIRL!!!!!!" Then she grabbed him and kissed him, for a long, long time.

"See, I told you he was gonna ask her." Johnny mumbled in my ear, his hot breath brushing against me. "I never doubted you." I said back, as our faces slowly started coming closer to each other.

"Hey, guess who just asked me to be his girl?" Bridget asked, jumping in front out us. "Oh yea, Ponyboy... We heard... Congratulations!" I said, snapping my head away from Johnny. "Thank you... Also the second movie ended, and it's time to head home." She said, as I got up off of Johnny's lap. "Yea, let's head home before Darry kills us." I said, shaking the snow off of my head, accidentally tossing some on Johnny. "I'm sorry, I-" I got cut off by a snow ball being thrown at me, followed by Johnny's laughter. "You're gonna get it!" I said, chasing him clear out the gate and to the Curtis house, forgetting one small detail: where's Dallas?