Not comprehending.

We started to walk towards the lot and for a while it was quiet. Then I remembered why we were walking in the first place. "So, what's on your mind? And don't say nothing because I know there is something going on." I said, playfully shoving him. "It's... Just a girl I like... Alot..... Has someone else. I mean, I knew he was was there. I've known ever since I've known her but, now I have these feelings and I don't know what to do! Do I choose his happiness? Do I choose mine? What would be best for her?!" Sodapop suddenly exploded. He started crying and attempted to hide it. "It's ok." I said, in a smooth, gentle voice. I pulled him into a hug and held him as he cried. Sodapop is like a brother to me; so seeing him so torn up is killing me.

I held him for a few minuets longer until he finally quit crying. "You know, I'm actually glad I told you. Y'know, to get it off my chest." He said, brushing away a final tear. "But,May, what do I do?" He asked, running his hand through his hair before dropping his hands to his sides and pacing. "I don't know why this is so hard! Almost all girls are clearly smitten with me but she..." He started, before going into a wonderful lala land with a relaxed smile on his face. "She's different. She don't hang all over me, but she treats me like I'm her best friend. Well, I am but that's not what I mean. Shoot, she even treats her boyfriend with a special kind of love. She claims she don't know what love is, she even says that in her sleep but I know she does. She shows it to much for her not to know what it is." He finished, looking me dead in the eye. "The killer thing is, she already knows... But she don't know. She's the first to know, however there's no response." He said, suddenly dropping his gaze to the ground.

I felt like I should know what he means but I just don't. I know love isn't true, so why is he asking me about it. Well, the relationship Johnny and I have is something, so I'm guessing that's counted as love but... I don't know! "Maybe she does care but just doesn't notice yet. Don't break faith, believe me your love will find you soon enough." I said, patting his back and looking up. We must've been gone longer than I'd thought, because when I looked up I saw the whole gang approaching us... And the look on Darry's face was enough to scare a grizzly bare.

"Hey...." I said, shifting weight from one foot to the other. "Mary! I thought you'd been kidnapped by some socs that took you off to Mexico and sold y'all as slaves!" Johnny exclaimed, throwing his arms around me in a huge, loving, wonderful, hug. "I'm sorry we were gone so long. We just got caught up in a conversation." I said, as soon as Johnny let me go. "Well kid, you better enjoy the view of outside now because if  you Terri don't get your  butts back in that house right now, Imma make sure y'all don't see the morning sun for two weeks!" Darry boomed, his voice louder than anything I've ever heard. It made  Bridget jump half outta her skin but Pony seemed as if he was used to it. Who knows. Maybe he is.

A/N: Sorry for the awful update but I'm so glad y'all love my last update. More will be heading your way, so hang tight. Sorry to all the oriole @sweet_greaser replied to... I was at her house and forgot I was on her wattpad when I replied to all of y'all. Well that's all from me. Ttylxox, Love, Sweetpea