Intolerable Pain.

The pain coming from my back got worse and worse every day after that. The doctor said they were gonna do a surgery soon but never quite told me how soon. I groaned turning over on my side. It seemed everything but my back was healed. "Are you ok?" Johnny asked, walking beside my bed from the corner of the room in the chair. His eyes were sunk in and I reckon mine were too. We haven't got much sleep recently because my back pain always woke me up and Johnny had this weird, underwritten policy he made for himself; stating that if I'm awake he has to be too. "Yes I'm fine it's just my back. Please go back to sleep love." I pleaded, opening my eyes to look up at him. "No, I don't want you to be lonely." He said, taking my hand. "Seriously, don't worry about me. I won't get lonely because I know your right here if I need you." I informed him, weakly squeezing his hand.  He looked down at me with a heavy sigh. "I sure hope they'll do that surgery today. I can't bare to see you in such pain."

I heard his words but I didn't want to answer him. The pain was now at it's peak, surely if it got any worse I would scream. I clenched my jaw in fear of just that. I knew if I screamed it would scare Johnny half to death. Finally the pain died down the slightest bit and I let a soft sigh escape my lips from the relief. "Mary?" Johnny asked worried. I couldn't help but mentally slap myself realizing how long it had been since I said anything back to him. "I-I'm sorry," I whispered. "It just hurts so bad." He stroked my hair. "I know baby. I'm gonna go find the doctor and ask when the surgery will be or if it's at least tomorrow if not today." He said with a soft, kind voice as he stood up. "Ok.... Hurry back?" I requested, looking up and following him with my gaze. "Of course baby, of course." He assured me, leaving the room. When he came back he seemed both happy and worried, doctors and nurses pushing their way inside the room and preparing me already for surgery. I went to ask something but then they put an mask like thingy on me and everything became very peaceful.

A/N: I know sucky chapter but I had changed my mind so many times I got critters block. Finally all choir events ended. Amen. You all know what that means. :) TTYLXOX, Love, Sweetpea!