Getting better.

When I woke up again I didn't know where I was and everything seemed blurry. I glanced around the room and saw it was a hospital room but the fact just didn't seem to comperhend to me. Suddenly I saw a figure sitting beside me, the hand of whoever was there, was  holding mine. "W-Were am I?" I asked, dumbfounded. "You're in the hospital, sweetheart. Just calm down please." The voice answered. It was a man, I could tell just about that much but it wasn't Johnny. "W-Who are you?" I responded, figuring that the medicine they used to put me to sleep must still be in my system. He sighed, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Just be quiet and go back to sleep, will ya baby?"

It isn't Darry. I thought, trying my hardest to remember who this stranger could be. Actully it really couldn't be a stranger at all, since I knew the voice pretty well. It's obviously someone in the gang. I continued narrowing my options. "S-Sodapop?" I asked uncertainly, fighting off drowsyness. "Yeah, it's me now go to sleep, Johnny stepped outside to smoke a cigarette so he'll be back soon." Soda explained, gently squeezing my hand before a wave of exhaustion washed upon me again, sending me back into a world of dreams.

Sodapop's POV

She didn't reconize me. I thought, slightly hurt as I watched Mary sleep. I knew she still had that medicine in her, so I honestly knew she wouldn't. But it still hurt worse than anything. Lost in thought I stared at her beautiful, pale, face. She is beautiful even without make up, but then again she never wears any. Her black hair was draped over her shoulders coming to about the middle of her stomach in waves and curls. It's funny how Johnny insists on brushing her hair and fixing it even though she's in the hodpital.

"You know, it isn't really friendly to stare at your buddy's girl while he is out of the room." Johny's voice broke into my thoughts making them fall to the ground as well as my fantasies of her being mine. I know I'll have to give her up and let her be with Johnny because she is losing it the way it is now. I could never keep torchering her like that. "I wasn't staring I was looking." My voice came out strange, hurt and emotionless at the same. "Whatever you wanna call it, I still don't like it," Johnnycake started, taking a seat in a chair on the opposite side of Mary's bed before looking at me pleadingly. "Sodapop, please, don't take her from me. She's all I got; you know that. You could have any girl in the world that you want but she's my one and only love. Please." He begged, his voice small and scared like it use to be. I feel really bad for hi, but at the same time his words were killing me. "I know, I'm just letting her go." I said, taking a shaky sigh before getting up and leaving. I saw a small, shy smile spread acroos Johnny's lips as I went through the door, letting me know I had done what's best.

Things will only get better fore here on out. I thought as I got on the bus. It has to.