Chapter 13: Sleepover

Angela could not believe her father was going to allow her to have a sleepover. She was excited. She ran upstairs and began to make invitations to her sleepover.

She did not know whom to invite. She remembered how McKenzie's party looked all cool and awesome. She decided to make hers better than McKenzie did.

Angela looked around the room for something to put on the invitations.

After she finished finding the things she needed she sat back. Now it was time to see who she was going to invite.

Angela was slowly making her invitations until her mother, Brenda, barged into the door. Angela jumped and looked at her. "Mom, what is it?"

Brenda sighed and looked at what Angela was doing, "What are you doing, its way past your bedtime."

Angela covered them up. "I'm just making invitations."

Brenda glared her. "Making invitations for what?" She yelled while sipping on some coffee. Angela stuttered, "For my sleepover."

Brenda stopped for a moment, "Did McKenzie in your grade have one?" Angela nodded.

Brenda smiled at her. "Well then we need to make this the best sleepover the whole town has ever seen. I want you to invite that bratty McKenzie to your sleepover and show her how we can throw a way better party than hers."

Angela was now super excited, her mother was going to help her and she knows how her mom is extra.

Brenda walked out of her room and came back with her laptop. She starting furiously typing. Angela looked at her with a confused expression. "Mom what are you doing?"

Brenda smiled at her for the first time in years. "You'll see just hang on."

Angela and Brenda spent the next hour laughing and talking while ordering everything.

Brenda and Angela sighed in relief, as they were finally finished with everything. Angela hopped in bed and put the covers on herself as her mother began to walk out. Angela hesitated but then spoke up. "Thank you for helping me mom."

Brenda stopped and looked at her. "You're welcome Angela, now get some rest." Angela closed her eyes. Brenda walked over to her and gives her a quick kiss on the forehead and quietly left the room.

Angela smiled as she went into a nice slumber.

********

While the kids at Willis Jr. High School in the cafeteria was up and talking waiting for the bell to ring, McKenzie was talking to a group of people about how it was just an early April fool's prank and how she was still rich.

Everyone was still listening to her until Angela walked in the cafe with her invitations. Everyone ran towards her and asked her what were they for.

Angela looked at McKenzie, smirked. She spoke up clearly. "As you all should know, I am having a huge AWESOME sleepover and I can invite 20 girls."

Everyone knew when you have a sleepover that it would be a big deal. If it was big then you were gonna be the biggest talk that week.

McKenzie just rolled her eyes, "What makes you think your sleepover is going to be the best in town?" Angela looked at McKenzie.

"Because there are going to be some celebrities coming by to take pictures and stuff."

She wasn't being serious but everyone went crazy. Angela looked at McKenzie.

McKenzie's face was shocked. She started to talk but she couldn't. She cleared her throat.

"Oh whatever just give me an invitation."